Albums of the Year 2023 lists - compiled (no chat)

Loud & Quiet’s is out: Loud And Quiet Albums of the Year 2023 - Loud And Quiet

2 Likes
1 Like

Paste

4 Likes
2 Likes

Seems like a really strong year for Irish music or maybe just one I’m more connected to than usual (no doubt you are largely responsible for that).

3 Likes

This year and last year have been very strong for it imo

There is some stuff in that list I’m not familiar with, mainly a lot of the hip hop stuff

Gorilla Vs Bear

Those top two records are incredible.

5 Likes

Not heard the number one but I’m digging the description

2 Likes

Heard a couple of tracks off this on the paste top 60 albums playlist. Pretty good.

Also great to see Meagre Martin place highly

For a time I thought Nourished By Time could get number 1 in a lot pf places. Then I could never find it on vinyl and I became quite irked about that.

1 Like

Sounds really good on first listen. Reminds me a bit of how to dress well a bit, but with much more prominent (and well written) r&b vibes

1 Like

Piccadilly Records:

Albums: Piccadilly Records
Compilations: Piccadilly Records
Reissues/Collections: Piccadilly Records

1 Like
2 Likes
6 Likes

Guardian songs of the year

I’ve listened to some of those! 2023, the year TQ sold out. :confused:

12 Likes

Was just thinking I somehow know more on the upper reaches of this than most of the more “mainstream” lists - and that’s obviously not me saying how bleeding edge I am, more a reflection of this from the article:

“intelligence reaches us that end-of-year album charts in other publications have been far less predictable than usual, with no consensus and a bewildering array of records in contention.”

Sorry; chat.

1 Like

Was about to say the same, only looked at the 100-91 and i’ve heard of most and actually listened to a couple! Sure this is some elaborate prank by TQ.

1 Like