Albums of the Year Lists: 2017 Edition

Chat shit get banged m8

nice to see Tinariwen get a high placing though

3 Likes

Great list from Norman, as always: The Best Albums Of The Year 2017 | Norman Records UK

6 Likes

Bleep keep it nice and concise (unless they have 200 sub-genre lists to follow of course):

1 Like

Good to see Brainwaltzera well up there. Top 5 of the year for me.

1 Like

Yeah that was new to me. Been listening to it this afternoon - itā€™s great. Do you know if it is actually Aphex Twin?

Just discovered it too thanks to Bleep. Love it!! It sounds like Aphex. Song titles look like aphex too.

That is one hell of a DiS-friendly list.:rofl: Anyway, lots of stuff for me to explore and/or revisit, which is really the point of all these year end lists, right? To get to check out all that stuff that - for one reason or another - went under the radar ā€¦

2 Likes

the careening blues metal of ā€œTurtleneckā€

metal?

Physical release was this year, there was a weird pre-release on certain digital platforms

blues metal

Number 7 on the list is brilliant. Dismissed it initially but after seeing it on the norm list have gave it a revisit:

Check it!

2 Likes

+1 - been enjoying this album this year. On my longer list of albums of the year for sure.

If it is Aphex, heā€™s back on form at last! Syro didnā€™t do it for me, neither those recent EPs.

Sister Ray Records

Hype Williams is the curveball on that list isnā€™t it? I actually really like it but Iā€™ve sort of become a recent Dean&Inga convert so itā€™s up my street.
Ride LP high up too. Didnā€™t think that had been well received but Iā€™m obviously wrong on that as it seems to be making a few lists.

The Quietus

Actually knew most of it so theyā€™re clearly not trying hard enough :wink:

Along with Rolling Stone, this is the list with the least number of my (so far) top 80 albums of 2017. Just 2%. Guess I am just not a Quietus type of guy (mind, I also guess they wonā€™t be too bothered by that). Hey ho.

I like how they did lots of Bandcamp tracks for you to listen to as you skim through, even if some of there were Noā€™s as soon as I clicked play. Mario Batkovic sounds kind of interesting, so might investigate him.