Albums should start with someone from the band saying "thanks for buying the album"

They should start like podcasts with 20 mins of preamble and tedious in jokes.
Possibly accompanied with aimless instrumental jamming

2 Likes

track 1 should be an unexpectedly localised advertisement that takes the listener by surprise for a coupla seconds

3 Likes

and the last track is a voice sample followed by Malcolm Gladwell repeating exactly what was just communicated

1 Like

Sultans of Ping FC’s “Casual Sex in the Cineplex” starts with a message of thanks.

Surely everyone on here listens to that regularly?

2 Likes

Can’t agree with this more. When you’re on board with what he’s saying, you don’t question it because you agree with the bias, but when he starts talking clear shit (e.g. whenever he talks about music) you realise he’s just a dangerously persuasive person who makes his opinion sound like fact.

2 Likes

YES

I remember one of this podcasts being about music. Can’t remember quite what it was about what he said that I found so wtf though

Oh god yes it was

I’m surprised I’d forgotten that bc I think it’s what stopped me listening to the rest of the series

1 Like

Are you fucking serious. Gonna listen to this now to get angry.

It gets worse bc iirc the argument is that country is sad and rock is never sad

1 Like

It’s not even a bad opinion it’s just a really bizarre misperception of an entire art form

2 Likes

What’s he been saying about mashed potato

Really fancy some mash now

2 Likes

Just on its own

1 Like

oof

2 Likes