🎧 Albums/songs of the year lists 2020 🎵

listening to it now and it’s… fine? Like yes it’s got a powerful, timely message but it doesn’t appear to be doing anything that exciting or new to the genre (on first listen anyway)

Which one? There’s two from this year, I think one is more immediate than the other

Surprised by how well the Laura Marling album is doing in these lists.
It’s not very good imo.
Also these lists so far are either to push product and were agreed months ago and/or people who love Bob Dylan too much.
Is there a big Dis vote/list at some point?

1 Like

Black Is initially but yeah I moved onto some other stuff and I’m guessing Rise is athe more imimediate one?

1 Like

Never got the universal acclaim she gets personally, feels like people like the idea of her and I’m not convinced the music really delivers. All subjective though etc.

2 Likes

Agree with Laura Marling, but Bob’s is his best for a very long time.

I think it’s @prob500 who usually runs the end of year - see 2019 poll and results.

1 Like

Her best albums are great tbf, the new one is just very mawkish and Meh imo.

1 Like

Damning him with faint praise. :smiley:

Well you definitely appropriately sold it with this post. Listened to it immediately and now reading interviews about it. Sounds great and I’m a huge sucker for albums with this kind of mythology-building so having a grand old time.

3 Likes

also giving it a go and it’s nice, definitely needs a few repeat listens to unpick I reckon though

Yeah I’d say so, I heard that one first and then listened to Black Is. Definitely prefer Rise personally

2 Likes

liked a few tracks of “5” too

Murder Most Foul is the best thing he’s done in decades imo

3 Likes

i’ve only heard Black Is cos that was the free one. thought it was decent and obviously timely but not 100% my thing, but will give Rise a go.

I think Key West sent me off-piste

first couple of albums are pretty good, i’ve not kept up with her career at all since then though for whatever reason. every time she releases another album i think ‘i must check it out’ and then never do

until the new one that is. sounded nice enough to me but not the sort of thing i’d find myself going back to much

1 Like
1 Like

Should really get round to new Deftones

1 Like

It is indeed. I’ll start a thread for this year’s poll at the weekend.

11 Likes

Legend :+1:

1 Like