Albums still to come in 2017

Indiekidmas is coming! New St Vincent, Cat Power, Queens of the Stoneage, LCD, The National, Mynabirds, Emily Haines, Grizzly Bear, Liars, EMA, Nadine Shah, The Horrors (saw an extraordinary live show recently) and lots more mighty fine records on the horizon. What are you most excited about? And where’s Tom Waits hiding?

Here’s a guide to the year ahead that we’ve published over at 6 Music

Not to forget 3 more King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard albums. Exciting times.

Reckon the new alvvays will be good. Mark kozelek will release some stuff that a few people will pretend to listen to

Sadly I reckon we’ll be lucky to get another one. Don’t know why they made the promise in the first place, Murder of the Universe is fantastic.

There’s one coming out in 3 weeks.

OH Sees have a new one out as well don’t they?

Of the albums mentioned in the list…I’m most excited about The National, Susanne Sundfør, Nadine Shah and probably Grizzly Bear (though the comment in that article didn’t fill me with excitement).

Quite a lot more to look forward to as well…the debut from Moses Sumney, Wolf Parade’s return, new albums from GY!BE, Kaitlyn Aurelia Smith… I also really hope that the Melody’s Echo Chamber album gets released at some point, though the priority is with her health of course.

Oh really…that passed me by completely.

Also hearing good things about the new Chelsea Wolfe and Ariel Pink albums, for those who are interested.

New Wolves in the Throne Room and new Myrkur albums in September that I’m looking forward to.

September is gonna be fully ridiculous actually, isn’t it?

yeah, starting from latter August onwards really, stupid amount of stuff coming

I’m pretty sure Spiritualized and due one out this year, though haven’t heard anything as yet.

SEAN! LIARS “the Australian/ American art rock berserkers return berserkers” singular now, it’s just Angus :wink:

Sean: are you hinting that Tom is about to make an announcement?

Other than a Waits’ release, which would be golden, and in addition to some of those you mentioned (Cat Power, LCD and Nadine Shah, esp), personally I am eagerly anticipating:

Iron & Wine, David Rawlings, Ghostpoet and UNKLE in August.

Hiss Golden Messenger, Mogwai, Julie Doiron, the Clientele and Tricky in September.

For October, I am hearing about Kozelek with Ben Boye and Jim White.

So much (potentially) good stuff yet to come …

Really looking forward to records by Dalek, Open Mike Eagle, Big|Brave, Cloakroom, Milo and Balmorhea. Fuck that’s a good list.

Can’t get enough of that Ariel Pink single so pretty buzzed for the album.