Albums with one good song

This has been promoted by revisiting the Hamilton Leithauser / Rostam album that is pretty mediocre aside from

Also inb4 someone posts dopesmoker

2 Likes

Kid A

Great OP choice tbh

Whichever album has The Rat on it.

10 Likes

Quite liked In A Blackout too but, yeah, this is leaps and bounds above anything else on the album. My favourite single from that year.

1 Like

This is it - the strokes.
Hard to explain is the song. if you’re interested.

The Blackstreet album with No Diggity on it.

I’m curious. Try?

1 Like

The National - A Lot Of Sorrow

18 Likes

Sorry about that edit

1 Like

Around The Sun

4 Likes

Zeitgeist

4 Likes

Trolling here:

Possibly the Wet Leg album.

1 Like

Ah, remembered my dad said he heard ‘Baker Street’ in a record shop and was so struck by the song he bought the album. He’s still bitter that the rest of the album was shitty.

2 Likes

Not even the best song on it! Yes this is a hill I will die on.

5 Likes

…And Justice For All.

We know which One.

4 Likes

Logic Will Break Your Heart by The Stills. Purchased on the strength of Lola Stars and Stripes, the rest was dreadful.

4 Likes

I Had A Dream That You Were Mine goes hard all the way through what are you talking about

8 Likes

They have a few tricks on that album to dress up what are ultimately quite basic songs and they use pretty much all of them on this track, to great effect. But for me, there’s no need to listen to any of the rest of the album after the first song

Electrasy - Beautiful Insane. One big single and a whole load of garbage filler. Textbook late 90s album.

3 Likes

I remember Lost in Space being the better single. However, I’ve just re-listened and it’s a big jump to think it could be better than any other song.

2 Likes