Albums with "volume #" or "part #" in the title that never had a subsequent release in the series

Whether it’s Volume/Part 1 and they never released a Volume/Part 2 (planned or unplanned), or it’s called Volume 3 or something but there was never a Volume 1 or 2 and they were just being weird. You get the picture.

I’ll start with The Kinks’ Lola Versus Powerman and the Moneygoround, Part One inspired by the 1970 thread. Apparently there was talk before release of Lola being a double album, with the second part releasing in 1971, but after release they shifted gears and recorded Muswell Hillbillies instead.

From Wiki:

Ray Davies addressed the question of the unfinished sequel in a 2014 Uncut interview. " Lola Versus Powerman… was good versus evil, obviously, and in Volume Two , I sketched out how you become your worst nightmare, how the good man goes so far he becomes the evil person he always fought against. But we had to do another tour, we had the RCA deal, and we had other recording projects that we had to work towards, and it got lost, unfortunately."

2 Likes

The King of Limbs vol. 1

5 Likes

Still waiting for volume 2 of this

6 Likes

The Soundtrack of Our Lives - Origin volume 1

For some reason your image isn’t loading for me. What is it?

Sufjan promised me 50 fucking albums about 50 fucking states… where’s Idaho, Mr. Stevens, huh?

8 Likes

David Bowie - Outside.1

3 Likes
8 Likes

Prodigy - Dirtchamber Sessions vol. 1

but the “Volume 1” is so tiny I’ll allow it

4 Likes

Selected Ambient Works Volume II and Selected Ambient Works 85-92, but volumes 1 and 3 - 84 are missing.

15 Likes

Yourcodenameis:milo’s Print is Dead Vol. 1. Would have loved to see some other volumes, but that’s it.

3 Likes

Throbbing Gristle - Second Annual Report - pretty sure this was an in-joke and there never was a first but i’d still like to hear it.

Circle Takes The Square - Decompositions Vol. 1 - release date: 21 December 2012 :eyes:

there’s really no need to call something part 1. if there’s a sequel, call it part two. if there isn’t, you’re covered innit.

2 Likes

4 Likes

The Smashing Pumpkins - Shiny and Oh So Bright, Vol. 1 / LP: No Past. No Future. No Sun.

This is a really nice song from it.

1 Like

As frustrating as it is, it’s pretty much the perfect end to Beastie Boys not knowing if there ever actually was another part, or if it was all just some dumb joke.

Two Lone Swordsmen:
The Third Mission EP
The Tenth Mission EP
The Fifth Mission LP

Also it appears The Third Mission was released on April 1st (April Fool’s), but I’m sure that’s a coincidence.

2 Likes

Pr*cks.

3 Likes

I know there was a song called the glow, but still…