Taylor swift - 1989 - not my choice
Steven James Adams - old magick
Radiohead - OKC B sides
Nine Inch Nails - Add Violence - was asked to turn off
Grandaddy - last place

Yeah was good

Probably smash this on

whole family singalong to ‘Don Aman’ by Slint

the eldest pretends like it’s all “hella lame” and “embarrass-o-rama” but I sneak a look in the rear view mirror and there she is belting out “he decided to piss but he couldn’t”

The Disintegration Loops - Part i - iv

Should be Queen Greatest Hits 1 and 2 surely?

Captain beefheart - ice cream for crow

Wormrot - Dirge on repeat

You can probably tell I don’t have kids.

I saw a man wearing a Red Hot Chilli Peppers t-shirt today. I felt the same today as the first time I saw a man wearing a Red Hot Chilli Peppers t-shirt. I wanted to kick him until he was dead.

Maybe I’m exaggerating a bit to be fair. I had great disdain for him at the very least.

Pet shop boys popular here. They are also keen on a bit of Dolly Parton singalong

Then we generally used to go David Walliams or Roald Dahl story CD

Now they have their own devices so listen to what they want on headphones…

Find memories of driving to France/Italy with my Mum and Dad listening to Bob Marley and Tracy Chapman…my Dad’s favourites :grinning:

I burn a themed playlist onto a cd for each family holiday. The highlight of last year’s one was “Drunk Drivers /Killer Whales” by Car Seat Headrest for which we altered the chorus to be IT DOESN’T HAVE TO BE LIKE THIS, TRIP TO WALES, TRIP TO WALES!

1989 by Taylor Swift is my girls go-to car album for long drives. I hate to say it but as a result I’ve now listened to that album more than OK Computer!

I get indie tokens for this though which means eventually I get to cash them in by putting on my 90s indie MP3 compilations on my trusty USB stick (noughties retro edition) and it turns out that my girls are quite keen on Kandy Pop by Bis and erm United States Of Whatever by Liam Lynch. I occasionally get away with some metal providing the girls can scream along - the scream at the start of Slayer’s Angel of Death is now matched perfectly but we haven’t made it to THAT riff yet…

We’ve found ambient music is great for relaxing our two and a half year old, so we heard a lot of that on holiday this year. So much so that it gets to evening time now and she’ll start asking “can we have stars in the lid [sic] mummydaddy?”

She’s going to be the only kid at school more interested in December Hunting for Vegetarian Fuckface than Let It Go. One day she’ll probably have to explain that to a psychiatrist.