Alice Glass statement on Crystal Castles (content warning: abuse)

He’s denying everything, not questioning any of his own behaviour whatsoever, calling her a fantasist abd lawyering up, which is completely unsurprising

Definitely does. I’d predict a riot if everyone realised how often

4 Likes

Shocking and hideous. Will be interesting to see what the current vocalist has to say.

From his statement:

“…Fortunately, there are many witnesses who can and will confirm that I was never abusive to Alice.”

What a massive bellend.

2 Likes

Jesus Christ this is just beyond awful.

I mean I liked that band but I remember really liking this one particular song at the end of the third album called ‘Child I Will Hurt You’ just liked the melody and the kinda spooky cinematic sound that was going on, never really paid any attention to lyrics or anything like that. Reading through Alice’s statement the title immediately jumped into my head and now reading through the lyrics properly for the first time… just, I mean FUCK OFF!

Just feel so bad for her. For all these women coming forward with this story. In a way it’s great that they can finally get it off their chest and rightfully throw shame on their abuser and hopefully it does something to stop future creeps but fucking hell, truly awful stuff.

1 Like

Get him in the bin.

In fact, bypass the bin. Straight to landfill. What a c*nt.

2 Likes

Hmm think I might know too. It caused me to lose a lot of respect for a particular record shop.

DiS CiD out in force again. sigh.

Sounds like an awful enough thing for someone to go through.

The least convincing “22 year olds” ever. Especially if you’ve been a secondary school teacher for years before.

I’m guessing this post has been deliberately ignored so far…but what are you saying? Reading this thread it’s just a bunch of people condemning Ethan Kath/offering sympathy to Alice Glass? DiS CiD?

2 Likes

Didn’t the first album have a closing track that sounded like it was about child abuse as well?

Also, what is this about from the Matt Mondanille thread??

(EDIT- Pal, don’t misuse flags when called out)

2 Likes

Don’t remember it but upon closer inspection it seems that way. Awful stuff.

Jesus Christ. Missed that. That’s a step up…having a go at us for voyeurism is questionable but not awful…whereas that’s pure victim shaming.

You are correct.

1 Like

*allegedly

Been remembering the “stove burns on my hands” chorus from Courtship Dating :confused:

I’m saying that this must be an awful enough thing for her to have put up with, and it paints the picture of a not very nice man. I found that really difficult to read and he should absolutely 100% be condemned and sympathy offered to Alice, but its not just that on the thread is it.

I was hoping that people had come forward sooner though I’m not sure why you are linking this to the Alice Glass thread.

Your post was pure Victim Shaming 101.

2 Likes