Alien films in order.

Prometheus has Frankie Potente out of Run Lola Run so I will always watch it even though I know it’s a terrible film.

There’s a few great scenes tbf, the storm when they first arrive on the planet is pretty fucking great from a purely visual perspective.

2 Likes

Yeah there are a handful of great action scenes in it that are worthy of the original two films

1 Like

2 Likes

I saw Prometheus a long time after any hype was dead and buried and with no expectations. Lots of holes to pick in it, but I found it enjoyable enough all things considered.

1 Like

Favourite bit of Prometheus and Covenant is the two pilots willingly sacrificing themselves at the end with Elba, probably because they seemed like two normal guys surrounded by madness

Does Elba play a squeezebox in Prometheus? I was running a temp/fever when I last watched it and I don’t trust my memory.

2 Likes

I don’t remember that at all. I do remember the terrible tiny cgi alien rising out of someone’s back and thinking “what is the utter shite.”

Can’t believe you all still watch Alien films.

Have you not been let down enough already?!

This is like buying every new Manics album when we all know it’s been downhill for 2 decades

1 Like

But the next one might be good :sob:

3 Likes

We did have an honest to god good Predator film which has raised hopes.

6 Likes

TiL what that was!

1 Like

Prey must be the best film of either franchise in nearly 35 years.

6 Likes

I saw Prometheus in Odeon Leicester Square when normal people could still afford to go there and visually it was stunning while obviously being pretty terrible. But the birthing scene at the end was pretty… full on. Covenant was just a messy disaster of nothingness by comparison. I’ll obviously see the new one despite the trailer looking AWFUL.

does it? I don’t remember her in it, or see her name in the cast on IMDB. Noomi Rapace and Charlize Theron but can’t see Franka P anywhere.

I may possibly have been confused here now I think about it.

2 Likes

Rewatched Prometheus for the first time in ages today, and surprisingly I thought it rips, having been entirely cold on it before. Going in to it remembering all the flaws and silly bits made it a lot easier to enjoy, and Ridley just knows his way around a horror and action set piece. The production design is some of my favourite ever I think.

Guy Pearce old man makeup is unforgiveable however.

2 Likes