All encompassing furniture thread

Bins aren’t furniture. I’m not sure what you would categorise them as, but they aren’t furniture.

EXCUSE me.

It was about £200 and part of the kitchen as it’s a cupboard thing you pull out.

1 Like

…storage?

For recycling:

https://www.brabantia.com/uk/collecting-waste/waste-bins-paper-bins/touch-bin-new-30l-plastic-inner-bucket-moss-green/

For general waste:

https://www.brabantia.com/uk/collecting-waste/waste-bins-paper-bins/touch-bin-new-30l-plastic-inner-bucket-daisy-yellow/

Against all odds, I consider them to be a value for money item.

If we did did recycling, I’d get one of these:

2 Likes

That is a nice bin.

That food bin is tiny. Can’t quite work out if that is a good or bad thing… hassle to change often but stop it ponging to high heaven.

We have one of those Brabazzaz but a really shit recycling bin so quite tempted to get another now you have put the idea in my head (you bastard!).

Yeah, looks cool but way too small.

Ours is a little bit bigger than that, but you don’t want them so large that they start to smell or the biobags start to fall apart.

1 Like

Yeah ours is about that size - ideal for a household of 2 (take it out twice a week) but imagine with kids in the mixer you’d want something bigger.

Small is deffo a positive. Will inevitably live on a worktop, so it doesn’t want to be a big 'un. Currently putting food waste into my general bin, but that gets emptied twice a week, which isn’t quite often enough for my liking. So I’d like to get on board with the food bin thing. But Glasgow council haven’t been very good with modernising tenement refuse arrangements, and there’s currently no food-specific collection.

@anon29812515 - hop on board the double Brabazza train. It’s a civilised way to live.

Speaking of upgrades, I’m considering moving us up to being a three minky household. Two just isn’t enough. Even with our old 6 kg washing machine (which is due to be upgraded ASAP to a 9 kg Bosch).

And to round things out on that front, I’m a total convert to our Miele vacuum cleaner. It’s simply a better product than the Henry (which is still a great basic vacuum that shits on all Dysons, natch),

Furniture, you say? Whatever. @Epimer started it.

:scream::scream::scream::scream::scream:

1 Like

:grinning:

How many minkys you rocking these days, planik?

two, but it’s not really enough tbh

really considering a heated one

We’re on two Minkys and one of those stupid accordion-folding pricks as an overflow airer.

You’ve got a garden now (might have had one before don’t know DON’T CARE) so you can massively reduce your minky.

(although we have one three tiered minky and a three level heated lakeland effort and a dehumidifier…

Did have one before but the whirligig was exclusively for holding bird and squirrel feeders.

We do have a washing line here that the gf insisted on using when it was 7 degrees or something the other day. Twelve hours later and my work shirts felt like they’d just come out the washing machine. Pointless.

I see. Didn’t know such things existed. What i would like is a better place for day to day in-use towel drying/airing. We’ve got a heated towel rail that takes care of a hand towel and one body towel. So far, so good. But there’s always another body towel on the go that ends up living on the bedroom radiator. Which I find irksome (hides the nice radiator, frequently slips off, not the best for the wall behind to have a damp towel living there).

Bigger heated towel rail?

Nah, if you get sunshine then it will dry. Did a full load (bar one ridiculous jumper) in yesterday’s chill. Time to get a double retractable line (yes, Minky).

don’t get me started on towels. we have storage heaters which you can’t bloody hang things on and 0 towel rails. that’ll change once we get the bathroom done.