All Points East 2022

Really fancy seeing Kraftwerk tomorrow lads if anyone hears of any leads. Theyre not on the main stage, so hoping sound might be less of an issue.

Not going but I’m frankly outraged that Kraftwerk would be playing second to Chemical Brothers. I’m sure it’s just what the market dictates but fucking hell

5 Likes

ticketsforgood

4 Likes

Cheers.

Never heard of this.

Sound was very poor, even by Victoria Park standards. Self Esteem had to leave the stage cos the speakers kept cutting out and her vocals were super low in the mix. Pusha T and Turnstile disappeared every time the wind blew. Best Gorrilaz sounded was when i went to to loo cos the speaker stack was pointing at it

3 Likes

Underwhelming day, as expected not that rammed either. Despite me not really knowing much beforehand Turnstile were the best. Self Esteem/Yves Tumur/Idles all phoned it in alongside generally poor sound. Pusha T and Femi Kuti brought a bit of a vibe. Ibibio Sound Machine played to literally 40 people.

FYI for anyone going today or for the rest of the shows: the site is dusty as fuck and only going to get worse in the coming week, so I’d recommend taking some sort of scarf/mask/spare t-shirt for if the wind whips up. Myself and my friends are all coughing up grim stuff today.

Going today, as it was such a good line up I caved in and bought a ticket earlier this week.

1 Like

:grimacing:

Can you pay for drinks with crypto like Primavera? More importantly, are they giving away free NFTs which are actually pictures of flowers?

“community”

2 Likes

Eep, very rainy today, feel sorry for folk at APE today. I’ll be there tomorrow, and am hoping that it won’t be super muddy for it.

Probably going to be fine. Can only get so muddy in one day. Besides rain and mud is a welcome novelty in London this year.

1 Like

I went last Friday (Ibibio Sound Machine, Femi Kuti, IBEYI, Idles and Gorillaz) and had a great day. One tip: all the main bars sell cans only. The couple I bought were warm and overpriced (I think £5.90 for a Red Strip or Cinch cider). There is one bar selling draft pints, over by the Firestone stage. It sold Brixton brewery beer, ice cold, draft pints at £6.40. I don’t think many people knew about it so it never took more than a couple of minutes to get served. So much nicer than warm Red Stripe.

7 Likes

I miiight have a ticket going spare for The National / Mogwai et al day tomorrow, which I’d be willing to pass on to a DiSer for a good price.

Don’t know for sure if it will be spare yet but feel free to DM me if you might be interested.

1 Like

I’ve ended up with a spare for this evening if anyone wants it, just for free like

if Marcus asks tell him you’re giving it to me cos he’s stressing out that I’m gonna come and ruin it for him

(i cannot watch the national for a third time, first two times was bad enough)

1 Like

Lol he coming already aye?

yep, howlie’s already there too

On this, his birthday! i fucking messaged him earlier as well!

1 Like

8th time for me tonight :partying_face:. I mean because they’re the best :heart:

6 Likes