All Points East Festival

Best night of my life- Björk Concert Setlist at Glastonbury Festival 2007 on June 22, 2007 | setlist.fm
Especially as Hyperballad dropped into LFO’s Freak!

I saw her again later in the same tour and she played a much quieter set with more Volta stuff, which was also good. I go into a bjork set the same as any ‘legend’ level act, hoping for a happy mix of their current work and the stuff that made them a legend, but with knowledge that it could be swayed dramatically one way or the other.

Seen other acts multiple times where you don’t know what setlist you’re going to get- i can’t think now, but Sonic Youth, Mission of Burma are both acts i’ve seen drop a ‘greatest hits’ and a ‘latest work’ set, and i guess you’d hope that at festivals you get a decent mix aimed at a mixed crowd of super fans and more casual listeners, and at headline gigs you’d expect the artist to be more playing whatever they want.

As time goes by, i think the times you see a favourite artist drop a greatest hits set are really memorable if they only do it occasionaly. If its guaranteed to happen at every show then it cheapens it somewhat.

2 Likes

yeah, that was so good. I’d forgotten about the Freak bit, but remember loving the Reactable. even when the sound cut out during declare independence it didn’t matter because Bjork was still mesmerising.

1 Like

It’s fine that bjork played the set she played
It’s fine that some people didn’t enjoy it

6 Likes

One of my all time music regrets is leaving that Bjork set halfway through (just after Joga I think)because a mate was noisily wanting to go see Squarepusher, and I didn’t have a phone, so didn’t want to lose the group for the rest of the night. Should have just wandered Glastonbury.

1 Like

Yeah I mean if anyone was surprised then they’d need their head checking, but it was a festival crowd rather than a bjork crowd so it’s hardly a shock that it wasn’t everyone’s cup of tea

1 Like

I lost my friend in the crowd during the set- met up with him later and he had mud all over his face and no idea what he’d missed!

1 Like

Totally!

no its not fine FFS, I’m so angry RN. respect her artistry gosh darn it. you guys just don’t get her like I get her.

Old man yells at (thunder) cloud (when he should be focusing on bjork’s artistry)

2 Likes

Have they changed the times again for Saturday? Looks like BSS and Spoon no longer clash at all and Future Islands and War on Drugs clash a lot more than they did. They’ve brought some of the earlier stuff forward.

sarcasm btw. obviously

saw the first few minutes of that Squarepusher set as Bjork was late. I have no regrets leaving it!

Saw her play that at Connect. Amazing set, loads of hits and back then her new stuff wasn’t embarrassingly dull either.

Can anyone tell me the best way to get to Victoria Park from central London? Bus or tube or train? Thanks!

Hi Kat, where exactly in Central London? Depends on your nearest bus and tube stops really.

Thank you, will be coming from the Aldgate/Tower Hill are.

*area

Not to tread on Tuna’s toes here but you could get the overground from liverpool street to london fields and then have a walk through broadway market and then down the canal right to victoria park. It’s not the most direct route but it’s a pretty bucolic walk.

1 Like

Okay it’s not too far - you could even walk it in less than an hour. Jeremy’s walk sounds nice :heart_eyes: For speed, the district line from Tower Hill/Aldgate East to Mile End then a 10 min walk or so north is your best bet – it should be signposted.

2 Likes

anyone know of any right good pizza places near Bethnal Green area, please?