All Points East Festival

Agreed :grinning: haven’t see her play before but might have to see if I can find a ticket for Wednesday.

I sort of enjoyed yesterday… Spoon were by far the best band I saw. I cried during Inside Out because I’m a painfully nostalgic person.

Despite not having listened to Broken Social Scene before, I enjoyed their set. However I could barely hear the female vocalist (sorry I don’t know their names) because she was turned down too low and eventually the sound dipped to the point where I could hear everyone around me yapping.

I was so excited about The War on Drugs but I found it to be a proper slog. I don’t think it helped that I was only a few rows from the front but everyone ahead of me was stood dead still which proper killed the vibe for me.

I probably would’ve enjoyed The National more had I been nearer the stage but yeah they bossed that set and pretty much confirmed their place as a large outdoor festival headlining band. Although I was worried during the early run of new album songs when someone behind me “What the fuck is this?” to Walk It Back.

About Today was lovely although slightly ruined by some berk trying to make witty comments in reply to the lyrics and the Vanderlyle singalong didn’t really work from far back.

Mmmmm but otherwise… it was alright.

Annie Clark- still cool as fuck and making it look effortless.

3 Likes

Fuckin Kylie

8 Likes

Hope ya enjoyed! Didn’t last long at War on Drugs either :joy:

1 Like

Just when I thought I couldn’t feel worse about missing this Kylie shows up! :cry:

3 Likes

Don’t worry, in another universe tonight was a rubbish evening and you’ve not missed out on anything.

1 Like

Innit!

It’s on the actual front page of the BBC News website :grinning:

5 Likes

Really enjoyed All Points East yesterday. Nadine Shah the pick of the bunch - properly fired up and angry rather than the usual ‘hello London’ bollocks. Really fierce little set from Brix and the Extricated too. Patti Smith must just about be the most venerated musician about today. Always love her sermonising. Cave carried the headline spot remarkably, and of course everyone got gooey over Kylie.

4 Likes

Fully enjoyed both days. Despite the sun* making me very sleepy yesterday and having to leave before Kylie came on

*2 days solid drinking

St Vincent was a bit of a funny one, hey? Sound was a bit off and the performance felt kind of flat and also I very much didn’t enjoy Upskirt Cam.

Courtney Barnett was incredible and the first act in a long time that finished a 40+ minute set and I thought they’d only been playing for 15 or so

1 Like

She was ace

Probably because I was with other people so wasn’t near the front but I found a lot of the music quite pedestrian- C Barnett, N Shah, etc.

Patti Smith was great as always and won round my sceptical friend.

2nd half of Nick Cave was fucking amazing. Into my arms was a _moment.

On a side note, I really hate festival beaurocracy. Was with my family for parts and really hate not being able to stand where I want to. You seem to spend half the festival looking for someone else.

#misanthrope4life

First time I’ve seen St Vincent and I thought she was great :+1: Both of my kids (2 and 5) absolutely loved it too somewhat surprisingly. Upskirt cam was indeed a bit odd - noticed that she was wearing flesh coloured leggings so presumably this was a planned camera angle?

Courtney Barnett was fantastic - her guitar playing live reminds me of vintage J Mascis. Psyched to be seeing her again on Wednesday :metal:

1 Like

Just before Nick Cave came on, there was a man holding up his bottle of beer and shouting at it “THIS IS A HEINEKEN”. Quite enjoyed that.

1 Like

that’s very good indeed

At one point I was standing behind a woman with a tattoo of ‘The Beast of Bolsover’ on one shoulder and another guy identified as ‘Jezza’ on the other.

1 Like

Did anyone see Black Foxxes? Only played for 30 minutes on the Jager stage but were bloody fantastic.