All-purpose Blue thread (the band, not the colour - no jokers please)

It has come to my attention that the band Blue require an all-purpose social board thread so that we can adequately discuss their music, the boys, their lyrics, etc etc.

Please do not post in this thread if you are just going to say something rubbish like ‘never listened to them’ or ‘they’re shit’. This is a thread for people with taste only.

I eagerly await your thoughts, opinions, memories, chance meetings, and formative experiences of the band Blue and in particular Lee Ryan (national treasure).

8 Likes

Can’t wait to actually own this

Screen Shot 2019-07-05 at 18.54.45

3 Likes

@pervo Could you please curate a 12-track best of Blue for those unfamiliar with their music?

Spotify if possible.

No worries if not.

1 Like

Do you reckon that now they’ve split up any of the former members have considered joining the nautical branch of the armed forces?

you don’t need 12 tracks, you just need U Make Me Wanna (a timeless pop classic and a peerless summer bop) and One Love

3 Likes

Lee Ryan is actually a beautiful human being, no jokes

1 Like

I can really imagine Antony getting involved in the marines to be honest.

2 Likes

That wouldn’t lend itself very well to my Navy Blue joke though :frowning:

Didn’t see Duncan but didn’t get on with his mum at all

I just feel sorry for Simon Webbe. he’s a superlative boy band member and would be the best band member in any other boy band but unfortunately he’s competing with Lee Ryan

1 Like

Together? Was it set in Devon?

1 Like

I was always fond of their song with stevie wonder

1 Like

taps thread title NO JOKERS PLEASE

3 Likes

Oh I thought it was ok as long as the jokes weren’t funny.

4 Likes

Always really enjoyed Blue. ‘All Rise’ was sung a lot on a group holiday a few years back. Good fun splitting the parts up between us.

5 Likes

who did the rap?

Why was Lee so unpopular on Strictly? He’s great.

1 Like

I tried it and wasn’t bad but I think Ryan or Ash did it better.

1 Like

I didn’t realise Duncan had come out until I saw him talking about it openly on tv the other day, not that surprising but it’s something I think about still.

1 Like

Simon seems like a GBOL too

1 Like