All purpose SPORTS poll thread

Snooker may well be a sport and fit my criteria for what I consider a sport but I’m not going to vote for it because it’s Snooker and Snooker can go fuck it’s self.

1 Like

I’m not going to rise to this (climbing pun)

get a grip, mate

1 Like

Crossfit

• Definitely an actual real sport
  • Exercise for needy bellends

0 voters

Comments related to your original poll:

if it’s the Olympics, Commonwealth Games (etc) I will almost certainly watch any sport.

2 Likes

Sick of this smear campaign against climbing (also a climbing pun fwiw)

now your just trying to cram puns (crampons are a climbing thing right) wherever you can fit them

1 Like

Can’t believe snooker is currently second most watched sport.

Where are all the biathlon fans??? @rich-t ?

Wait why do so many people watch Cycling? Like I kind of sort of get it’s appeal as an activity… and the Velodrome stuff is good but ROAD CYCLING!!! What the fuck is wrong with you. Just wait for the results to come in, it’s all it’s good for.

plasticmichael will occasionally watch triathlon coverage. awful awful stuff.

Pardon?

FAO people who watch formula 1

• I really enjoy the tactics and pitstops and all that bollocks
  • The start’s kind of interesting, then I zone out and do other stuff while literally nothing happens for 90 minutes
  • Just hoping for a crash to end the boredom

0 voters

Just can’t bring myself to watch Biathlon, apart from at Winter Olympics. I’ll quite happily pretend to enjoy talking about it though @anon50098204

1 Like

If I was a golfer my nickname would be The Pardon

I imagine we can ‘chalk up’ a few more although there may be some aghast on-lookers (paging @sadpunk to recognise this clever wordplay)

1 Like

Preferred sports broadcaster

• BBC/Alba/Northern Ireland
  • ITV
  • C4/S4C
  • C5
  • Sky
  • Eurosport
  • BT
  • Premier Sports
  • One of the American ones (please specify)
  • Other (please specify)

0 voters

I miss cricket being on C4.

Or for that matter, any live sport (apart from the shit ones) being on any free television.

Sports Betting

• Grand national and the occasional football accumulator
  • Fairly regular small bets
  • OOFT bet in play! have a bang on that! Pony on both teams to score! #beertokens #kingtipper
  • Puritan

0 voters

The swmming leg is really bad as a spectator sport, but the cycling and running are good.

Totally depends on what I’m watching, although as I predominantly watch cycling, Eurosport.