All Structures Align

I think it was 10, they changed it to 10.30 then the email plopped through about quarter past

3 Likes

Just nabbed one myself

From skipping through I think I might like the production of the first one more (a little more … upfront?). But I was annoyed I missed out on getting that one, and this is clearly music that’s designed to take in slowly and appreciate - so definitely a worthy purchase and look forward to digging into it properly on arrival day!

3 Likes

Completely forgot about this, so very relieved to still be able to nab one just now!

3 Likes

I haven’t listened yet - where possible i try to be nerdy with records i buy and wait for them to turn up of the old school effect!

Completely agree with the last one though - i enjoyed it from the off but it grew and grew with every listen. Wonderous.

3 Likes

Im so bad for impulse buys that I had to skip through little chunks just to double check I’d probably like the sound (I did, ofc) then yeah saving the proper listen for when it arrives

3 Likes

I like it on first listen. :raised_hands:

3 Likes

Remind me to listen in a couple days please

1 Like

Lovely stuff. Of course, I’ve still no record player for now :cry:

@jordan_229 your listening reminder

5 Likes

Just remembered mine is in the front room! postie came during chaos so i bunged it down before my wife saw ANOTHER record from the postman :smiley:

Is your record player being shipped over or do you legit need one? I think i still have a cheaper one gathering dust in the loft…

2 Likes

Off on a flight tomorrow - downloaded thanks!

1 Like

It’s in a crate on a ship or possibly with HMRC. Either way I am hoping for word soon but it’s arrived much earlier than the 85 to 100 day estimate so it may well be another few weeks still.

Just with these and the first one, I’d be careful how you stack them. They’re beautiful packages but the metal holder had worked through the plastic sleeve just in transit so if you stack them tight on a shelf they’re probably going to damage the record next to them.
Here ends my PSA on ASA

5 Likes

going for the big leagues and trying to be the new Stones, gotta respect the ambition

2 Likes

nasty!

Yeah, mine are on a looser shelf to avoid so i don’t have any pressing concerns…

I think the packaging is proper nice and beautiful…but hate the clip :joy: :see_no_evil:

4 Likes

I did think about just removing the clip and keeping the package in a plastic sleeve actually, don’t think the clip actually gives much extra structural integrity

3 Likes

shall we do it? start a revolution

2 Likes

Would need all artists and labels written consent before defacing their vision personally…

1 Like

surely @Badgerdeluxe has got our backs!?!

2 Likes

You could go for the standard cardboard tongue thing but it would bend and break over time.

There’s that version where you wind string around the two loops I suppose but probably just as prone to damage records beside it.

I guess I’ll just keep the cardboard rigid thing from the mailer next to it :smiley:

1 Like

Can’t have it damaging other records if you always have it in the player and it never goes back on the shelf … :thinking:

Power move right there

5 Likes