All Structures Align

I will be here whenever required and simply hunt down anyone who gives anything other than glowing reviews!

3 Likes

Yeah, this is fantastic. It really, really reveals itself with multiple listens.

Love how the songs snake around and build. I almost kind of don’t want to get too familiar with it so I’m still surprised when certain bits come in out of nowhere.

On top of the other bands mentioned earlier in the thread, it wouldn’t surprise me if Pile fans end up liking this a lot.

Great job @AttackDuck and @Badgerdeluxe.

4 Likes

Very good shout imho

3 Likes

So lovely to get this kind of feedback. Means such a lot.
I don’t really know pile, could you recommend something to check out?

1 Like

Any Pile record! My favourite record is A Hairshirt of Purpose but my favourite song is Baby Boy off Dripping (also an amazing album).

He’s such a brilliant knotty songwriter.

1 Like

I’m a huge, huge fan of their 2019 album Green and Gray.

Amazing opener:

A journey in four and a half minutes:

Their 2017 album A Hairshirt of Purpose is really good too.

2 Likes

Thanks, and also @JaguarPirate and @stupidsexyflanders . I’ll check this out later, looking forward to it.

1 Like

If you find a vinyl copy of the first album down the back of the sofa do give us a shout also :eyes:

2 Likes

Will do, we only have one copy each so little chance of a sofa find. I think there will be 2 or 3 copies coming up at some point from Wrong Speed (due to some missing sleeves). If/when I hear I’ll mention in this thread for sure.

2 Likes

Well worth being on the wrong speed mailing list/Instagram follow. All the releases have been pretty excellent. One of those where I’ve ended up being a near completist without meaning to be!

2 Likes

Couldn’t agree more!

Tickets gone!

1 Like

Totally loving Pile so far! @JaguarPirate @TAFH33 @stupidsexyflanders

3 Likes

This is more a recommend an album thread now rather than things I particularly hear in your music but … think you’d like Ovlov also

2 Likes

Me and my wife are going to that all dayer as part of our 4yr wedding anniversary. Would be cool to say hello to some forum folk before hearing is rendered useless by the heavy ramalama.

1 Like

Yay!

Particularly with added ramalama of HC headlining now! Need to buy new earplugs.

Ah yes, the HC loudness was brutal last time in London. Earplugs a must.
Really gutted Web Of Lies had to pull out, but the HC makes up for it.

Yep, I was mega excited about Web of Lies. Listening to the album today.

I love that album.

1 Like

Very different vibes but I’m a big fan of Buffet Lunch, who share a member with Web of Lies

Devo esque jerky indie pop

1 Like

Enjoying ovlov by the way, thanks for the tip. One minute they remind me of early mbv the next Deathcab!

1 Like