Alligator gender reveal party

What a croc of s**t!

1 Like

I have never heard of these parties either

Do they happen after the baby is born, or after the scan? Are people allowed to look disappointed after the reveal?

At some point after a scan has confirmed the gender (sex?), and before they’re born.

Reluctant to admit that we did one - I obviously wouldn’t have bothered because the whole ideal is farcical and unhealthy and perpetuate unhelpful ideas - but it was at least an excuse to have a party.

did you get any dangerous pets involved?

We used a pinata that was surprisingly hard to demolish, so it did get a little hairy when someone was flailing wildly at it with a claw hammer.

1 Like

What was in the piñata? Pink/blue sweets?

Edit: this is me trying to work out the logistics of this party, not asking in a roundabout way whether hip_younger_gunslinger is a boy or girl.

Yeah, and fucking sequins.

Do you sing ‘I feel like the pinata girl, won’t you take a swing at me’ every time you hear the word pinata? I do. You’re a Bright Eyes wuss aren’t you?

1 Like

I’ve been on this website far too long.

What do you think it says about me that I know this? Why am I wasting brain space on it.

AND you had to know the Bright Eyes lyrics as well in the first place.

No, I didn’t know that you do that. I do that and I was seeing if you did. I was a big fan of Digital Ash back in the day.

It still holds up!

I’d never heard of them until the alligator story. Not sure if dangerous pets/wildfires are the norm

You might be, I’m stars, pal.