Allo Darlin' 2024

Shame, I rather liked them, despite the daft name. Europe is a fantastic album.

Was just coming here to post that. Excellent band, there debut is still one of my very favourite albums which I return to regularly. Favourite memory is probably of a gig at the Brudenell on a dreary drizzly Monday night in the middle of winter which was just a lovely feel-good gig and (it felt like) no-one would leave until they did a second encore. Will be picking up ticket for the Scala, for sure.

1 Like

:cry:

first album was great, thought europe was shite

They were probably semi-accidentally my most seen band live. A few years ago they were constantly playing gigs which were relatively cheap. I’ve seen them around 15-20 times. Good band but more fun live.

Goodbye, sweetheart

4 Likes

Sad news, but it was unsurprising given that they no longer all live in the same country and are busy raising kids etc.

Really proud to have put them on four times in Leeds, including the Brud gig mentioned above. They always made for such a fun show. Gutted I won’t be able to get to the Scala gig.

They’ve reformed and are doing some shows in England this year:

11 Likes

Oh that’s great news, always thought they were underrated and though beloved by a few never got their due. Lovely people too.

ludicrously excited by this!

also, they split up 6 (six) years ago?!?!?! WHAAAA?

Their final album is over eight years old!

One of the gigs is going to be at Ramsgate Music Hall, as part of the venue’s 10th Anniversary celebrations. They were the first band to headline there back in October 2013.

The indie pop kids have melted the RMH website, but presumably in a really polite way.

Just constant spinning when trying to add tickets. This is not good! Where are my member privileges, dammit!?!?*

*I’m kidding, I don’t really expect preferential treatment

Have they released all the dates for this tour? I can’t seem to find them.

Nothing else yet.

1 Like

just the first gig back at ramsgate so far, they said they’re announcing a london show next week, then hopefully a bit of a tour soon after

2 Likes

Got there in the end. Four tickets purchased. I needed five, so one of my mates will have to step up and try and get their own.

:melting_face:

London is the following night anyway