Allo Darlin' 2024

It’ll be the O2 if this demand is anything to go by!

1 Like

Did anyone listen to the Elva record? I remember being slightly disappointed at the time but there’s some lovely songs on there, Athens, Tailwind…

I don’t remember it, but I’ve queued it up. One of my favourite things about Allo Darlin’ is Paul Rains’ jangly guitar, so I would miss that.

Clearly everyone who ever bought an album tried to get tickets for this. Quite nice but would be good if they’d put out the actual tour dates so people will know if they need to travel or not…

3 Likes

loved Europe when it came out, but haven’t thought about them in years.

I remember a particularly good gig at the Kings College SU which was also the first time I saw Martha

3 Likes

was NOT expecting this to be the first old thread updated with 2023 in the title!!

1 Like

I got tickets :blush:

It initially said it was sold out, but I refreshed and they were available again, and now it’s back to sold out??

i’ve got two tickets for the evening show at Ramsgate, but won’t be able to go now. however there isn’t actual tickets, just my name on a list , anyone know if/how i can transfer them? (emailed the venue earlier in the week, no response)

also, anyone possibly want two tickets for the evening show at ramsgate? (face value obvs)

only know this band because they always used to be on the EOTR line up back in the day. what should i listen to and how twee is it?

They only put out 3 albums and a few singles, so there’s not an awful lot to get through.

The first, self titled one is the most twee, Europe and We Come From the Same Place much less so, so I’d start with them

Reunion shows are VERY SOON :clinking_glasses:

I’m listening to the first album. Had completely forgotten there was a song called Woody Allen on it. lol.

Should rebrand it as ‘Max Von Sydow’ :grinning:

1 Like

I liked every new album they did more than the one before and Elizabeth’s Elva songs too so really hope they do end up recording something new

Top 5 AD jams:
1 - My Heart Is A Drummer
2 - Santa Maria Novella
3 - Capricornia
4 - Tallulah
5 - Darren

Great music and great taste in films, A+ band

I’ve put one standing ticket for Islington on Twickets - Twickets: Fan-to-Fan Face Value Ticket Resale

That was very nice.

2 Likes

Looks like the reunion wasn’t a one-off!

5 Likes