Alone time

I do this (now that we no longer have a canteen) and I take it much later than everyone else (and I like doing so) but I think that’s been a mistake to some degree because I miss out on any fun times. That said, there are some decent people here, unlike where you work by the sounds of it.

• worked from home and was alone in the house 9am-12.30pm Thursday
  • worked from home and was alone in the house 8.15am-12.45pm Monday

So that’s 8 hours in the last week.

If I get home early enough during the week I have some ME-I-Y time and I love it.

And what happens - do you just wander about alone or pall up with people?

I’ve kind of done this when I’m out and drunk already and people I’m with have gone home - but I’m pretty rubbish at it

Depends, but if it’s really late I find people pal up with me. Which is fine. I brought about 5 Swedish tourists back to my house a few weeks back after just meeting them in the pub, they sat on my table because “I looked sad”. They wanted to take me to the lego shop in Stratford, I did not take them up on it.

I’m definitely introverted - and live alone most of the week. But alone time can get too much - especially if it’s a whole weekend.

I’ve started to really dislike working from home - and go into the office as much as I can, even though I can WFH a couple of days a week if I like

I live alone so I’m alright with some alone time although if I spend a whole day on my own then the next day I need a bit of human interaction otherwise I start talking to the toaster and that chump is much wittier than me so he just ends up winding me up!

This thread has made me think more about the fact that my sister is staying here for a while and as of tomorrow she’s having a man stay over for a week. Absolutely no problem with my sister staying but bringing a complete stranger (for me) into the mix is something different.

used to think i was extremely introverted but then worked out I’m extremely socially anxious and only slightly introverted
interesting

3 Likes

Also you’re going to hear them bumping uglies.

prefer sitting in silence with the colleagues i feel comfortable with at lunch rather than eating alone

1 Like

Can be amazing though too. Some of my best friends/now best friends came to stay as strangers.

1 Like

Thankfully the two bedrooms are at complete opposite sides of the flat though. Was fine last time she had someone staying.

Maybe this one’s a shrieker. You just don’t know until it happens.

1 Like

Thanks Epimer

I’m here to help.

going to go home now. hopefully i’ll have the place to myself fingers crossed

Used to take a ‘sick’ day occasionally and not tell anyone (other than work). I would go to the library or the shops and just have a wonder. It was lovely no time constraints, no phone calls just pure self indulgence!

Yeah I take forever taking photos, drawing stuff, walking in an aimless loop round back streets, and find the company of others distracting while I’m doing it. Same with exhibitions, galleries etc, there are only a few select friends I can bear to go with.

I can put out quite a burst of social energy when I feel like it and be quite chatty/just interested in people in general , which can make people think I’m much much more extroverted than I actually am, but it’s incredibly draining.

1 Like

I’m outgoing but at the same time I’m a hyper-introvert. I can’t stand not going out on a Friday night but I only feel truly comfortable in my skin when I’m alone. Time with other people can be good or bad, it just it depends on who those people are. It’s not binary.