Alphabet of Music - F

The Field
Fever ray
Four tet
Franz Ferdinand
Fuck Buttons

Feel bad leaving Flaming Lips and Flying Lotus off. And Fatboy Slim. And Foo Fighters (although not for around 15 years now).

1. Flaming Lips
  2. Foo Fighters
  3. Feeder
  4. Future of the Left
  5. FenixTX

Fennesz
Flying Lotus
Four Tet
The Field
Floating Points

Sorry to The Fall, Forest Swords, Fuck Buttons, Flaming Lips, Faith No More etc

Very honorable mention to Fucked Up, who easily could have been as high as #3.

The Flaming Lips are way out in front. One of the few best bands ever, and they had a streak of perfection going through 2013.

Foo Fighters were great, I don’t care what anyone says. The first three albums are classics, the next few were flawed but with plenty of good and great moments, and Wasting Light was for the most part a return to form. The first album is especially amazing and possibly the best thing Dave Grohl has ever done.

The next three could have been in any order, only one album by each has really clicked with me. There’s a certain simple magic (and Corgan influence) to Feeder’s Polythene that gets them the number three spot.

FOTL gets the four spot on the strength of Travels and knowing that M will probably be too stacked to vote for Mclusky.

FenixTX rarely gets discussed here, but they were one of those rare great pop-punk bands who could operate on the level of Blink 182.

Fucked Up’s Dose Your Dreams is possibly / probably better than all three of those albums, but I’ve had more time with the other bands on the list and everything else I’ve tried by them overwhelms me. This is one of the best songs of last decade though.

1 Like

Fuck Buttons
Faith no more
Frankie Goes To Hollywood
Fever Ray
Floating Points

The Fall
Frank Ocean
Four Tet
Fr John Misty
Funkadelic

1. Fugazi
  2. Field Mice
  3. Film School
  4. (The) Fauns
  5. Four Tet

Frank Ocean
Fall out Boy
F(x) my favourite fx member sulli who died by suicide last year’s birthday tomorrow :cry:. Really loved her, still so sad whenever I think about it.
Fela Kuti
Foo Fighters

This felt crueller than necessary…

1. Future Of The Left
  2. The Flaming Lips
  3. Flying Lotus
  4. Faith No More
  5. Fleetwood Mac

I’m terribly sorry: Felt, FKA Twigs, Flight Of The Conchords, Floating Points, FM-84, Forest Swords, Forss, Four Tet, Frank Zappa, Frightened Rabbit, Fucked Up, Funkadelic, Future Sound Of London…

1 Like

Sorry to FKA Twigs, Frank Ocean, Four Tet, Forest Swords…

1. Felt
  2. Föllakzoid
  3. Fela Kuti
  4. The Field Mice
  5. The Feelies
2 Likes
  1. The Fall
  2. Future of the Left
  3. Four Tet
  4. The Flaming Lips
  5. Flat Worms

The Fall