Alphabet of Music - Z

…and thanks to @Brainfreeze for hosting and giving us this lockdown homework…enjoyed it so much that all is forgiven re:your first name filing habits :slight_smile:

8 Likes

sad it’s over :frowning:

The Zombies
Zola Jesus
ZZ Top
Zomby

We’ve got numbers/symbols to do yet

3 Likes

Zwan is a strong number one. They’ve “somehow” developed a negative / joke reputation despite a positive critical reception, but I won’t get into that now. I highly, highly, highly recommend giving them another shot if you’ve dismissed them

Mary Star of the Sea is a great album and perfect for this time of year. I love how bright and sunny most songs are while maintaining an undercurrent of sadness, and then how all of that sadness and doom finally boils over and erupts in the second half of the title track.

Catchy, melodic rock perfection:

The title track is truly amazing, with its double twist into one of the best all-time Corgan moments. I love his interplay with Jimmy’s drumming.

3 Likes

True. Not gonna have much to report, alas

And however much I love the album, it doesn’t fully capture their potential and abilities. There’s so much unreleased material that’s of a completely different tone. I’m still sorting through it and finding hidden gems.

Friends as Lovers is such a beautiful song.

I forgot how loud and aggressive they could be. He’s got such a great scream.

I somehow hadn’t heard this one until yesterday. Nice and heavy and riff-y.

Very kind. Stay tuned tomorrow for everything else. e.g numbers and symbols

3 Likes
  1. Zooni
  2. Zammuto
  3. The Zephyrs
  4. Zita Swoon
  5. The Zutons

Zwan all the way. Mary Star of the Sea is probably my 4th favorite pumpkins related album. Higher praise than it sounds.

Then Zun Zun Egui or the Zombies at a push

1 Like

Zvuku
Zammuto
Z ëro
Zola jesus
Zombies

The Zombies
Zeni Geva
Zen Guerrilla
The Zephyrs
ZZ Top

1. Zero 7
  2. Zola Jesus
  3. Zoot Woman
  4. Zombi
  5. The Zombies

Also Zwan, I guess.

Zwan
The Zombies

Zombies
ZZ Top
Zola jesus
Zero 7
Zwan

Zola Jesus
Zach Hill
Zombie Zombie
The Zombies
Zero 7

1 Like

Zu
Zwan
Zeke
Zeal & Ardour
The Zephyrs

Zola jesus
Zz top
Zu
Zodiac mindwarp and the love reaction

ZZ Top
Zeal & Ardor
Zu
Zomby
Zombie Nation

As a part time Billy apologist, I’d probably like Zwan, but it is completely impossible to listen to them, and there’s no way he’s written a song as good as Kernkraft 4000 this millennium.

1 Like

Closing at 8pm