Alternate foods

I am usually delighted by this, seeing familiar brands packaged completely differently for foreign markets or flavours that we don’t get

Please share any stories or observations you may have on this fascinating subject

3 Likes

On holiday I was instructed by my mother to only drink hot or bottled beverages to avoid the shits (it worked) and fanta was cheaper than water so drank about 2 or 3 of the lurid arabic versions, strawberry in particular was great. Now I know it’s just E colours and sugar but it helped me a lot on that trip. Also on another holiday I didn’t like the local food other than breakfast stuff so bought a lot of sweets from the hotel shop, and galaxy is sold as dove bars so in Beijing I was eating them daily and genuinely enjoyed them more than galaxy bars which usually I don’t love, they tasted sweeter

Also japanese kit kats will never not be great :star_struck:

Those fantas seemed to appear in Glasgow (maybe just south side) corner shops a year or so ago. Most are bad. And they charge like £2 a pop

4 Likes

My local corner shop does them too but they are all written in a slavic language, the shop for 7up mojito flavour too which is really good

Years ago @Unlucky sent me a whole load of wacky Japanese Kit Kats - on the whole they were pretty great. There was an orange blossom one that was lovely.

2 Likes

We order different Fantas off the internet sometimes. The fruit punch one is really good.

1 Like

In greece you can get still fanta, which is sold as fanta blue. It’s not actually blue.

3 Likes

Grape Fanta out of those Coke machines at five guys is absolutely excellent.

2 Likes

I always like finding the slightly bigger cans of juice you get in America. Because of fluid ounces or some such

1 Like

Marvelled with glee in a supermarket at this the first time I went abroad

4 Likes

Sprite are up to something at the mo

1 Like