Alternative remedies

I don’t mean homeopathic shit, I mean things that you have to make do with.

I have a stuffy nose, and might be getting a cold. I have a cool nasal spray that helps with this but I’ve left it at home. So I’ve just had a teaspoon of tabasco sauce (which I have on my desk for situations such as this and so much more), and that has worked a treat. Might have another go in a second.

Hit me up with your examples.
I’ll probably go to Boots for some Otrivine on the way to the station.

Magic healing liquid that a former client invented.

Does the tabasco sauce not run out of your nose after you put it up there?

Deets?

lol

Don’t joke.

#beentheredonethat

My granny used to make us snort salt water if she felt that the snottiness after a cold was going on too long. She was repulsed by snottiness, and so it was more about her not having to listen to us sniffing than about solving a health problem.

It works but it stings like hell.

Anti-inflammatory liquid made from stuff you’ve probably got under the kitchen sink. He has actual data showing it works on dry sockets and non-healing wounds and all sorts. I’ve used it on eczema flare-ups and the gf has used it on old wounds from colitis complications and it’s worked.

A glass of good whisky cures everything: hangover, sore throat, headache, tummy ache, nausea, broken leg.

Hiccup remedies, inorder of effectiveness

• Being genuinely surprised by something that it makes you jump
  • Drinking a glass of water upside down
  • Doing nothing and waiting for them to pass
  • Holding your breath

Most effective is saying to someone that you will give them a tenner if they can keep hicoughing for a whole minute.

Eating wasabi for hay fever

What the hell
Using Purell

There was a crazy kid at school who guaranteed me he could cure my hiccups once. I was so sick of them I said, “go on then,” and he proceeded to choke me until I passed out.

It worked tbf.

I do love a hot toddy. One of those before bed will defo sweat out any nastiness overnight.

I often use turmeric for sore/inflamed throats

How does one use turmeric for this? Currently have throat issues and willing to try.

I normally just add some to a hot honey and lemon! Just like half a teaspoon. The taste requires a bit of getting used to but I think it works if you have a few of those in the early stage of a throat thing.

Thanks, already do hot honey and lemon so maybe I’ll try adding turmeric :+1: