Am i being a fucking idiot

or is it not possible to get a direct train from glasgow to manchester?

there is a direct train from Glascow central to Madchester Piccadilly

Transpennine Express do 'em don’t they?

I’ve caught one before up to Edinburgh and assume they go to Glasgow too

why can’t i find this, think i’m being a fucking idiot

West Coast Main Line will do that.

Looks like you can, but not always

• Lo-Pan’s an idiot
  • It’s impossible to get a direct train from Glasgow to Manchester
  • Both

0 voters

i’ve since found a couple with thanks to ccb, but not at the time i’m looking to travel, this is a fucking pain. can’t be fucked driving, and i fucking hate changing

Yes.

Haven’t read the thread.

Move to London and then you can catch a direct train to Manchester, plus it’s over an hour quicker.

why’s it so difficult to travel between two major british cities?! (it’s probably really not)

*provincial british cities

probably some engineering work or something when you’re going

FLY

yeah most people assume you can just get the virgin westcoast mainline directly but it is not so. it’s those absolutely shit rickety infrequent TINY trans pennine ones. it is completely scandalous how poor the service between manchester and glasgow is. I always got off at preston and changed onto a virgin train if I could. i need to stop thinking about this train route it’s making my blood boil.

tbh if you’re going to glasgow, it’s probably easier to get to from london than manchester.

£69!!!1111

Looking at the train times, there’s not much difference in time between a direct train and one that changes. Other than having to set foot in Preston, which is not something I’d wish upon anyone.