Am i being a fucking idiot

I’ve actually never been to Preston (just briefly dated someone from near there), and I have been on a Trans-Pennine train. So apologies, snobbishness retracted.

A fair amount of the Virgin London-Glasgow trains stop at Warrington, which is 40 mins to Manchester.

I’m just going by my experiences on that line. Perhaps I’ve been unlucky, but I’ve ended up missing connections about half the time I’ve gone up that route.

Probably just get a taci

alright, casoolare/bugduv

Mate, it is fine. There are direct trains all the time.

this is just yet more proof that Manchester isn’t worth going to

1 Like

I know there must be but canny find any at the times I’m looking to travel, which is midday.

1 Like

Just hire a car, fill up with petrol at Gretna, then realise the hire car is a diesel, call for assistance, get the tank drained in Lockerbie, then get back on the road and end up in Manchester a couple of hours later than planned.

That’s what I ended up doing on Friday on the way down to swagger city. Don’t know why you wouldn’t just do the same.

:red_car::motorway::fuelpump::x::warning::telephone_receiver::rotating_light::hourglass_flowing_sand::heavy_check_mark::motorway::red_car::100::cool:

8 Likes

Well I should know as love the little blighters but no you cannot get a direct train into the city centre from Glasgow, the station is just outside the actual centre. Hope this helps.

:smiley: but also :frowning2:

2 Likes

Was doing some searches to scope it out whilst waiting for the recovery from the petrol (& DIESEL!) station…

:dizzy_face::scream::money_mouth_face::astonished::fearful: Fffffffuuuuuck.

Also:

See also: googling illness symptoms and thinking you’ve got 6 weeks to live.

Current status: they took the car and refunded the deposit and said they’d let me know in advance of any charges. Hmmmmm. End result, TBC, could be one of:

• no charge - happy days
  • a couple or three hundred hundred quid charge for the call out - fair diddles, but there’ll be a gripey letter about how no-one told me it was a diesel, there was nothing on the paperwork to confirm as much, there were NO STICKERS IN THE CAR, and the teeny tiny sticker inside the folder cap door is wholly insufficient for a hire car
  • £1000: the full excess on the hire, because theme decided to do loads of follow up work - harrumph, very gripey letter, see how it goes
  • stealth charge of £xxxxx - fuck off, mates, the car has done 400+ miles without a hitch since being drained and refilled and if you didn’t want it driven without giving it a proper look over you shouldn’t have let your agent mechanic let me drive off in it

Genuinely still miffed at how something so potentially catastrophic mechanically can happen so easily. As it does to 400 odd people a day, apparently.

Fucking USB cables won’t connect upside down… yet, in 2016, you can fill a car with the wrong fuel and drive it away can potentially cause tens of thousands of pounds worth of damage.

Was this an old motor? You shouldn’t be able to fit a petrol nozzle into a diesel hole. I found myself absentmindedly trying to mash a petrol nozzle into my diesel hole but fortunately it wouldn’t go.

Happy Filth Day everyone!

6 Likes

Diesel nozzles are bigger than petrol ones, and it’s perfectly possible to put petrol in a diesel tank.

1 Like

No, mine has a misfuelling protection device. Would have thought that all new cars have that.

Police forces spend thousands of pounds every year on cops filling up their cars with the wrong stuff. Classic bit of FOI from local papers, always got something out of it.

No. Fords and Volkswagons do, but not too many others, I don’t think.

1 Like

A colleague of mine did this on a hire car a while ago. Assumed it was diesel, as most hire cars tend to be and filled 'er up.

I could understand the idiot off the street doing it, but this person drives for a living - You’d think they’d have noticed they were driving a petrol vehicle and not a diesel one

Putting diesel into a petrol tank is harder to do, as the diesel nozzle is usually bigger than the petrol tank hole.