AMA S2E7: Funkhouser

What is your favourite Disney film and why? Same question for teen film as well.

3 people who inspire you?

When was the last time you had a strawberry Cornetto?

1 Like

Just thought I’d rather have something shorter, and people kept thinking it was my irl name.

Yes I do, I think about changing it to Doctor Collosus about once a week.

1 Like

Let me give you a question.

Would you prefer if it was always 3degrees or always 30 degrees?

2 Likes

Hi @anon19035908,

What would you say were the most defining 5 films of your teenage years?

Ta,
wr

1 Like

Hmmm. Probably Beauty And The Beast. It was the first film I ever went to see at the cinema, and it’s Mrs F’s favourite so it’s nice to watch it with her. Teen film is and always will be Clueless, because it’s fucking Clueless.

No idea who inspires me really. Lots of people on here actually who are going through or have been through stuff and are still warm, kind, friendly people.

Had one last week.

1 Like
  1. Being a fat hairy lad I’m much more suited to the cold, like a husky or a seal.
1 Like

Not sure really. The films that came out and I watched most as a teenager were probably:

Happy Gilmore
Scream
Road Trip
Fight Club
American Beauty.

1 Like

I am Jack’s large amount of surprise actually.

Why surprise?

Oh dunno, it felt like such a film for 20-somethings evaluating working life like me, I didn’t really think of it as hitting the teen market I guess.

1 Like

I was 15 when it came out, I think whiny teenage boys was its exact target market tbh.

1 Like

Fair enough. I think 15 year old me would have found a 2.5 hour film of mostly bro dialogue boring.

I was all about the Exploding Helicopter Quotient : D

1 Like

I guess it’s actually hard to know because films in 1990 were pretty different to 10 years later, or it felt that way to me. 89 and 90 were I guess films like Last Crusade and BTTF pt 2 and 3 in the cinema but god knows what I was watching on TV that was 18 rated etc. I guess gangster films are mostly talk talk talk with a bit of violence too, although obviously Fight Club’s talky bits were a lot more intellectual. I actually think I probably watched Blue Velvet on TV aged about 15 although not sure I was ready to stick it on my favourites rewatch list. Probably for the best on that score, TBH!

1 Like

Hey funky have you ever sung your username to the tune Brick House (she’s mighty mighty)?

1 Like

I looked this song up and I have never heard it before. Funky.

This video is pretty funny

(According to the comments it’s a 1993 version though.)

What.

2 Likes
1 Like

No but I will now! I have imagined it to the tune of Goldfinger though.

1 Like

@anon19035908, imagine I’m on my own in Devon for 48 hours. Where are the must-see places I should definitely visit?

Depends where you are really. It’s a big old county. Dartmoor though, and the beaches along the south coast. And Sharpham vineyard.

1 Like