Amanda Knox (Netflix doc)

Laughed out loud at that.
Although tbf, the Italian legal system/police managed to make what should have been a straightforward case into an absolute shambles

Agree about the wanky journo, although I did think that giving him that amount of airtime was clever as he managed to hoist himself and the media pack with their own petard

Yeah they were completely woeful. The lead copper was a ludicrously poetic man, big red flag when he piped up at the start about watching lots of crime films.

Knox came over as quite detached and theatrical which made her rather unsympathetic and I can imagine that attitude creating suspicion at the time.
The chief policeman thought he was Sherlock Holmes and he seemed more interested in being involved in a drama than actually solving a case that was relatively straightforward. Added to that the clamour for a conviction and the salacious nature of the reporting and it was hardly a surprise the way things went.

Overall though, there was a general lack of recognition that when the dust settled a girl had been quite horribly murdered

And I felt particularly sorry for Sellicito who seemed quite naĂŻve and bewildered at the time and had since become hardened to life as a result

yeah it wasn’t very good. yet another retelling of the same info that’s been made a bunch of times. too sensationalised and didn’t treat the subject matter seriously enough. pretended to be impartial when it wasn’t even slightly. just netflix trying to maximise on the current trend of true crime docs basically.

aye that was the best bit

He blatantly only used a pipe cause he liked Sherlock Holmes.

1 Like

She sounded very well rehearsed.

I’m not sure about you but I can’t talk that clearly without a few erms and ahs.

Yes, definitely ^this.
The shots of her on the ferry in the rain, the Princess Di looks to camera and doe-eyed head drops were all very theatrical

can only really blame the filmmakers for that, not her

1 Like

still find it really weird that rudy guede didn’t flush his shit

have to say, this doc was pretty shit

Watched this Saturday and found it really compelling.

All in all it seemed to show they had zero case against her. Although, who the hell can just walk into a bathroom miss a blood stain like that AND A MASSIVE FUCKING TURD IN THE TOILET and then take a shower?

The shit in the loo was the only ‘odd’ bit for me. Like Rudy Guerde’s story was clearly bollocks due to the amount of DNA of his found inside her, right? He claimed no sex etc. But why leave turd in the toilet like that. It was the only bit of his story (hearing a commotion and rushing out) that jelled in a sense. So maybe there was a fourth person who did the murder?

Also it’s crazy when you see this and you realise how easy it is to manipulate people in police interviews like that.

you’ve contradicted yourself in this thread a number of times.
should’ve been on the jury maaaan

*in this post

:slight_smile: Theo obsessing over an un-flushed shit.

Well legally you have to prove a case. I’m saying I don’t think they had any sort of strong evidence based case against her going off what we saw here.

The shower bit was a little odd. It does sound suspicious but ‘suspicion’ isn’t how you convict someone.

And regarding Rudy, the documentary didn’t really seek to look into his claim or any other aspects of the night, which is fair enough, but I still found myself wondering what actually happened when all’s said and done. Like did he commit a vicious murder then decide to have a shit then lock her door and go out through the front door?