Amazing bands you listen to and nobody knows about

Really really cool! I love it!

Duck Fight Goose sound quite similar to Dead Rider (which is a good thing)

2 Likes

I just checked my rym page, and it was 8 years ago, but I enjoyed their last album “Strength in Numbers” but hated Scavengers…other than say the early albums from The Antlers, most “Slowcore” doesn’t do much for me. Not even Low really, and their from my hometown, etc.

I thought I checked out the S/T Calla record at 1 point, but don’t recall. But given Aurelio Valle solo music came after they broke up, and I enjoyed their final record, it may be up my alley. I liked some of the horns just from sampling 1 of the clips you posted above.

1 Like

electronic music, different styles. take a trip

1 Like

Came back to say this is amazing.

1 Like

The Candyskins. 90s Britpop band from Oxford that no commercial success.

just found out about them, but this is great if you want more late 90s/early 00s Krautrock Boredoms:

a personal favorite is Kiln. They’ve been featured in a few bumps on Adult Swim, but outside that I never hear about them. This one’s my favorite:

Another Green World-era Eno with MBV fuzziness.

3 Likes

The Moderns, especially the new album Blue Sky.

1 Like

Solid Space. Brilliant ‘lost’ minimal-wave band who released just one record back in 1982. They did a limited vinyl pressing of the album earlier this year and it sold out pretty much instantly. I think the band are offering it as a free download on bandcamp though.

https://solidspacemuseum.bandcamp.com/releases

1 Like

Weird, I met the bearded guy on a coach from Berlin to London a couple of years ago. He was cool. As we were loading up at Berlin bus station the driver was being a total prick for about ten minutes, shouting at him that couldn’t bring his banjo onboard (because he thought he was going to bust it out playing tunes mid-journey ahaha)

No way! I know him a bit. Had the amazing pleasure if playing a gig with him once. One of my favourite musicians.

ooh nice (were you duelling banjos with him or something?) I’d actually been trying to remember the name of his band for ages since then… took his card at the time but lost it somewhere in between moving flats so thanks for that, maaaaaaan.

lol that would not be much a duel! it was with a band called The Nightcaps that neither of us are in but did a few numbers with at a festival. He played fiddle and I was singing/guitar.

wow, really really cool, I really like it!

Aren’t those Cybermen??

Yeah, I believe so!

I think the two guys were really young when they made it, and there’s a few samples from old 70s/80s sci-fi tv shows in there.

I definitely feel like it deserves a wider audience because it’s a great record.

1 Like

Can’t remember who introduced me to zOoOoOm but that album is all kinds of wonderful bonkers… I love it.

Anybody listen to Oliver Wilde? (sort of shoegaze / sample / laptop / multilayered swirly stuff).

I bought his first LP, as I like Howling Owl, and was buying a Spectres record so thought I would take a punt. But I’ve never listened to it!

I am sure people know about them, but a couple of bands I love and hear little about. Mates of State:

Rogue Wave:

This record came out around the same time as Band of Horses’ first record, I thought they sounded similar but this was tons better. Band of Horses have gone onto to well, but these guys haven’t so much.