Amazon boycott practicalities

Music Magpie are bizarrely good for vinyl. They don’t charge delivery so most are between the 15-20 bones mark.

2 Likes

thank fuck

1 Like

i don’t have a deliberate boycott but i’m almost entirely stopped using it since they brought back postage charges. i use ebay a lot more now when i’m after a bargain.

:scream:

2 Likes

banned act

8 Likes

In this case this isn’t really Amazon’s fault. Surely the issue is that there isn’t more employment available nearer to the home of this worker? The commute from Perth to Dumfermline is going to be what, an hour by train or car? In terms of time that’s not too bad but on minimum wage that is a lot of money to be spending on the commute alone.

And issues with minimum wage come down to government. If the minimum wage is considered too low then that’s something we should pressure the government to raise. If everyone did, and treated it as a more important issue when voting, we would have a higher minimum wage. But that’s not what the majority of voters seem to be bothered about.

And/or the government should have cheaper travel options in place for commuting, because public transport is definitely too costly Blah blah trains blah Corbyn blah.

3 Likes

Nah, parcel delivery sorts are all cunts aint they

Guys honestly, who gives a shit if this is “their fault” or not. the point is if we have a society based on these kinds of jobs it makes the lives of all of us - but especially their employees - harder and worse. the best thing we as individuals can do about it is stop using their services.

Anyone know a good place to get cheap picture frames?

Have you tried Amazon?

3 Likes

It’s gonna get a lot worse post brexit, just give up

I understand what you mean and agree with you that it’s shit, but I don’t think a boycott here is really the answer. Though what the answer is I don’t know. Trying to decipher the best way to be morally righteous under late capitalism is a fucking minefield.

I know I shouldn’t use Amazon but they’re so damned efficient :frowning:

There was a good blog I saw once about how the impossibility of really boycotting Amazon because of how many websites rely on Amazon to host servers or images.

The author got a complete list of Amazon IPs and blocked them on his router and then attempted to view the web and it wasn’t good.

how about we boycott the GOVERNMENT, yeah?

2 Likes

Heard this was going to be track three on the new Mars Volta album.

3 Likes

7 Likes

ok fine guys, if you can’t do something absolutely perfectly with no grey areas just do nothing at all and forget about it. jeez.

1 Like

------------------THREAD CLOSED----------------------

Dipping sounds like an overly generous way of saying thanks…

I can’t be arsed going out of my way to have ethics about where stuff comes from. Find independent retailers a neurotic bunch on the whole.