American Football 2019

Holy shit, third album.

5 Likes

And it’s called American Football again, which is a relief

5 Likes

It might be their third best album but it will at least have Rachel and Hayley on, so i bought that right up

1 Like

New track is gorgeous

3 Likes

Bought. New track is a beaut

God I can’t stop listening to Silhouettes, very excited if the whole album sounds like this. Land of Talk’s Elizabeth Powell’s meant to be featuring as well which should be interesting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CaZUVZ2F_Dc

why’s it not previewing? new track featuring Hayley Williams

1 Like

still lapping this shit right up.

4 Likes

strays a little close to cheesy Death Cab territory in parts for me…

(not previewing cos YouTube is blocking the embed play, same on Twitter)

1 Like

The Elizabeth Powell collab is dreamy as anything.

3 Likes

yeah, it’s really good. at first I was a bit like, ok, this just sounds like a lazy American Football song, but then it changed a bit and Elizabeth started singing and it was great and I can’t wait to hear the whole thing in 3 weeks.

1 Like

Thought the exact same thing, really kicks into gear when Elizabeth starts singing. Album sounds gorgeous so far.

2 Likes

Liking what ive heard significantly more than the 2nd album

2 Likes

just popping in to say this album is gorgeous

7 Likes

I had my suspicions it might be.

1 Like

wrote this:

5 Likes

so good. excited for tomorrow!

4 Likes

New album is amazing

1 Like

Pitchfork review has me intrigued, though Ian Cohen’s job seems to be handing 8.0’s to men in their 40s who made a great album 20 years ago.

The second LP did nothing for me at all, which is sad as the first is an all time favourite.

1 Like

The 2nd album was weak and none of the singles did anything for me. The first single and the one with Hayley Williams dwarf anything on the first album so I’m exciting. Thought the final single was decent, but nothing special, but on the strength of the other songs I’ve heard I have way more hope this time around