American man killed by protected tribe

Using bows and arrows, apparently.

Basically a story of an absolute weapon living up to US stereotypes but also interesting because I had never heard of the Sentinelese tribe. (Was obviously a bit surprised the American in question wasn’t a white guy.)

Oh and when you read the article it’s clear the real villains were the British Empire, of course :frowning_face:

Anyway, I hadn’t realised there were such tribes in existence being protected.

2 Likes

when’s the film out, then?

5 Likes

Man runs down beach in fear as arrows fly at him.
record scratch
“You’re probably wondering how I got here…”

???

13 Likes

(you’ve tagged the thread as film and tv)

Oh cheers. Must have flicked the mouse wheel (wayhey!).

But let’s be honest, your comment was very on the nose for what happens in these situations.

It’s not clear if the fishermen collected his body or had to leave it on the beach :grimacing:

1 Like

???

1 Like

Because it seemed such a full colonialist entitled way to treat these people and as such I just figured when I saw the headline the guy would be a young, well-off white guy.

4 Likes

That’s a shame for him and his family and all but (and I know it says in his bio) I think he really should have been marking his sponsored posts correctly.

Seems like a very naive but generally well intentioned guy more than anything. Must be heartbreaking for his parents.

Actually knew about the Andaman islands and the North Senitelese Tribe before this happened. Just call me Marckee.

3 Likes

turns out it’s just a self righteous christian instead!

1 Like

I recall a similar story from a few years back. Find it all pretty mind blowing.

Have fun diving into here everyone

In 2013, it was estimated that there were more than 100 uncontacted tribes around the world

5 Likes

Has Trump got anything to say about this?

2 Likes

i was with this person:

https://twitter.com/Nick_HurstRPG/status/1065678098589499393

3 Likes

1 Like

You seem to think that colonialism is a white thing.

We did it the best (worst).

Specifically I would say US colonialism has historically been enacted by white people majoritarily.

2 Likes

The human safari stuff in the forbes article that refers to is really grim.