Amnesty thread for admitting you were totally right about an artist, album or song.

Turnstile.

Fucking shit m9.

This post paid for by PROF$.

16 Likes

Queen
The Who
Led Zeppelin
Bjork
Jeff Buckley

All absolute toilet.

5 Likes

Robbie Williams is still the true King of Pop

11 Likes

Listened to Houses Of The Holy recently, couldn’t even finish the album. Total shit.

4 Likes

Fontaines DC are still absolute bollocks.

10 Likes

That new song, fucking Hell. Underworld crossed with Dustin the Turkey.

2 Likes

Used to think Mclusky were just the Bloodhound Gang with degrees. Had a listen to them recently. Still right

1 Like

I’ve maintained for ages that you’d be as well listening to Faith In Our Feathers by Dustin while playing some chugging guitar.

2 Likes

Queen, although horrible people, are a great band. I’m not too humble to admit that I am now and always have been absolutely on the money with this one.

1 Like

80% is a pretty good mark.

1 Like

Idles and Sleaford Mods and all them ones

9 Likes

I just don’t want middle aged blokes shouting at me.

8 Likes

Yard Act too, geez.

4 Likes

Hans Zimmer and his like churning out dull generic soundtracks.

3 Likes

Sometimes I’ll give Mogwai another try but it never lasts long.

Of the ones people bang on about on here

Los Campesinos!
Talking Heads
Kraftwerk
Boards of Canada
Future of the Left
Everything Everything

All shite

1 Like

Oh.

It’s one of those threads.

8 Likes

Almost all of these new hyped UK bands over the past 2 years have been universally dreadful.
The ones who have succeeded because of the BIMM machine and/or nepotism just irk me further.

1 Like

Growing up in the 80s, Bruce Springsteen was considered deeply uncool - file alongside Phil Collins or Michael Bolton. All that faux ‘I’m just a regular joe trucker’ stars and stripes bullshit was just horrible. Yeah, yeah, but you have to listen to the lyrics of Born In The USA to understand that it’s actually a critique of American foreign policy rather than a flag shagging anthem… Shut up m9, he’s ruuuuuubish.

Then sometime around the 00s he underwent a complete critical reappraisal. All of a sudden he was being filed alongside Neil Young and Bob Dylan instead and headlining Glastonbury and the like and the indie kids loved him. Well guess what - he’s still embarrassing and shite :+1:

Yup :smiley:

Phil Collins is a genius you heathen

He’s a terrible, terrible person, but he’s a musical gift

4 Likes