An extra-curricular thread idea

Hello,

I have had an idea for an extra-curricular thread. It would require everyone looking in their cupboards and fridges at home, and whoever who can find a product with the oldest use by date getting a badge.

This is inspired by @anon5266188 hot drink thread, which split users, but I admired it for its interactive experience.

Use by or best before?

We could have both, couldn’t we

Yes! Let’s go crazy! (And then go sane again)

I will not be participating.

Good luck with your thread.

I threw out some Fish Sauce the other day that expired in March - even if I still had it that would not be a winner I think

Everyone has some pretty ancient jars of herbs or spices lurking don’t they

I can’t participate as I’m not at home, but I know that nothing will be out of date in my cupboards as I recently had a clear out. My mum on the other hand found some spices the other day from Safeway, which ceased trading in 2005.

3 Likes

Chuck out anything when the date expires tbh

Getting in early with some chilli powder

5 Likes

Why do I still have this

I think this is a wonderful idea, however I must stress that the Hot Drink Race was a @sadpunk idea which I simply performed administrative duties on. I cannot take credit for anything beyond the smooth running of the event.

1 Like

Lot easier to do when you don’t buy tinned goods, tbf.

Bag of Mace which expired in August 2014 for me:

Reckon I could have got a lot earlier than that pre-move though.

Do you think you could still use it?

Yeah it’s only powder isn’t it, doesn’t really go off

Early Prince lyrics needed more a bit of confidence in initial idea

Not wholly sure what Mace is. Why are you still holding onto it? Will you be using it in the future?

It was a Peep Show quote though I got it slightly wrong

It’s kind of like a more pungent nutmeg which, given I never use nutmeg, is likely to remain unused.