An opening on the Mod Squad ๐Ÿ˜Ž

Hello everyone!

We currently have an opening on the moderating team. Itโ€™s nothing urgent, but would be nice to have one more person on board.

We are at this time especially interested in a new member of the team who is not a white straight cis man, BUT if you feel like you might have something to add to the mods team AND that you would actually want to do it, please do not hesitate to get in touch. If you feel like you participate in a lot of threads that you donโ€™t really see any of the moderators in, youโ€™ll no doubt be an asset to the team.

WHAT IS IT?
Being a moderator on DiS is mostly stuff like, approving/rejecting posts from new users, reviewing flags from the community (there are jokey ones and serious ones), changing the odd thread title, pinning an Important Thread, etc.

But sometimes we also have to put our business hats on and (attempt to) sort out issues between users, shut down Bad Threads, banning people, and so on. Even have to sometimes be quite strict with people you like and care about.

There is no ยซyou have to be online for x hours a dayยป rule or anything like that. We do have a handy ยซHow Toยป guide that @1101010 put together back in the day.

HOW DO WE DECIDE?
The custom is for people to drop their name if theyโ€™re interested, and then because DEMOCRACY we make a poll and the community decides.

WHO ARE MODS NOW?
@whiterussian (also admin)
@wewerewerewolvesonce (also admin)
@Parsefone
@anon76851889
@Kallgeese

Any questions? Letโ€™s have em!

:dancing_women: :dancing_men:

1 Like

Obviously you should apply if you find yourself frequently raising issues for mods that tend to be upheld.

1 Like

Thank you for this opportunity.

7 Likes

Or maybe the team needs someone a bit cooler to balance out those nerds?

Not me, Iโ€™m TOO cool.

7 Likes

Speaking as a former mod:

tjZRSKz

3 Likes

When were you ever a mod!?

1 Like

Oooooof :fire:

14 Likes

Iโ€™ve forgotten more about modding than youโ€™ll ever know!

Idk, a couple of years on the old boards iirc. Obviously we did a great job given how fondly we remember that place.

6 Likes

Can I be the evil mod that goes rogue every now and then please?

3 Likes

donโ€™t always agree with your methods wormit but dammit, you get results.

6 Likes

Yes make @McGarnagle a mod

1 Like

12 Likes

5 Likes

Be good to have someone else who isnโ€™t a man if possible.

2 Likes

brutal

can we ban mods from editing thread titles without permission? see them doing it sometimes for comedy purposes and it annoys me

other than that youโ€™re all doing great

10 Likes

Canโ€™t most users edit titles?

(Apparently I can, dunno why)

2 Likes

Honestly havenโ€™t seen this happening. Feel free to bring it to my attention as Overlord of Mods if you see it again

4 Likes

tjZRSKz

4 Likes