And just where do you think you're going?

Used to have a one-way system for the doors at school but it meant it took ages to run to the dinner hall at dinnertime so we’d run through the ‘no-entries’ if there were no teachers there. One time a teacher saw me and i pretended i hadn’t heard her and carried on running and then got double-bollocked when she chased after me. Cheers.

The wind’ll change and you’ll stay like that!

4 Likes

“Anyway, we wish you the best of luck in the National championships. Let’s give them a round of applause”

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

“Anyway, just a reminder for those of y-”
:clap:
“For those of you looking to sign up f-”
“For the football teams, Mr Ro-”
“NICHOLAS FOX, MY OFFICE. NOW”

A dinner lady once bollocked me for saying “let’s get out of this hell hole” when leaving the school canteen.

8 Likes

this one gets darker every time i think about it

1 Like

Bad Tone: Origins

3 Likes

i’ve definitely done this multiple times but i’m gonna do it again

when adults said “school days are the best days of your life”

• talking bollocks
  • strangely preparing us for the fact that adult life is actually ok as long as you compare it to how shit school was

0 voters

Factual truth. School was a right fucking laugh.

2 Likes

Uni >> sixth form >> primary school >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> secondary school

1 Like

“WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE!?”

used to love it when my mum said that to me when telling me off cos id be like “duhh, i’m (my name), you named me!!!”

3 Likes

Did you ever sing The Spice Girls at her in response?

Will do next time.

I’m not angry, just disappointed.

overall not far off

but i remember huge variation across each chapter

i remember being really bitter in the later years of primary school that the youngest kids just got to play and have fun while we had to do work

uni got harder as went along due to having to deal with reality (eg. money stuff)

sixth form, was fucking great in the upper year, less so before that

final year of school i liked the most, mainly cos all the lessons seemed to involve catching up on coursework in time for GCSEs but I’d already done it so could do very little

as i think we’ve documented extensively, for many DiSers it wasn’t

children are absolutely fucking horrendous to each other :pensive:

(fair, soz. I fucking hated primary school for those reasons, got very lucky with my secondary and sixth form experiences)

[Pointing to picture of you as a toddler] Whatever happened to that boy, eh?

3 Likes

Another of Old Ma Vale’s faves was:

‘What do you mean “no”?!’

Carry on like that and I’ll knock you into the middle of next week

was basically fine for me, i just hated doing shit boring lessons and constantly feeling tired from my paper round

defo one of the things that DiS has taught is how fucked up lots of other schools were