And then it's back to work A! G! ... A I N! (Post bank holiday Tuesday thread)

Went to bed early. Woke up at 2 with a bad stomach, haven’t been able to spend 15 minutes out of the bathroom since. Feel fucking rank

Went to bed a midnight and was up with my youngest for three hours from 1.30 to 4.30 and then my eldest got up at 5.30.

And my aches are making me see sideways again

Fuck

F.E.A.R.

kill me, now

Morning. Might do some recording today

2 Likes

Big fan of your thread titling, naturally.

Morning all. I was in Bath at the weekend. It was very nice.

Is there a more passive-aggressive phrase than ‘Just a friendly reminder….’

We’ve had it twice on our work Slack this morning and it definitely never feels like ‘just a friendly reminder’

See also: “polite notice”

2 Likes

Love it when you get a new GP and they’re a patronising prick.

Yes! Really it’s just a way to say ‘I am fucking seething about this but I’‘ll try not to be a cry-baby’ or something, right?

Cbfwt.

I go with ‘Any thoughts on x?’ when my US colleagues ignore me on a daily basis. It’s passive aggressive but they’re already in the wrong, so I get to be passive aggressive.

Hello DiS

Already looking forward to lunch as I’ve made a veg tagine in the slow cooker and it smells really good

Had an good weekend apart from when I fell off my bike. Saw @rich-t very briefly which was nice. I think I might have beaten him up a hill.

This week: not much.

2 Likes

I like the developers we have in India who always use the phrase ‘gentle reminder’. It’s hard not to feel a bit warm and beatific when you read that :slight_smile:

Got a bit of training to do this morning. Even worse than sitting in a room watching a powerpoint, it’s going to involve sitting with the phone pinned to my ear for probably >1 hour.

Have had my bacon and egg bap in preparation…

Strong thread titling.

CBA, TBH.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

1 Like

I was off sick last Friday then worked from home on Friday (MOT – passed!), so back at work for the first time in a while which feels weird.

Spent the weekend in Carlisle seeing my old uni boys which was cracking, then a gig on Sunday afternoon.

Spent yesterday doing myself a logo and a website for my teaching, which I want to do more of. (Give us a share if you feel like being lovely and helping a brother out. Thanks.)

Morning chums!

Back to work after a week off. Hung out at home, played with some kids, went to Ikea with ms. hex and it was alright (if packed)! Feeling more refreshed than if I’d gone on holiday tbh, much less stressful.