Andor

Amazing what he has been in

I love seeing him pop up - Chernobyl and The Batman were nice surprises, now he’s in Star Wars!

We needed a Trevor vs Jez fist fight, only disappointing thing about these first three episodes of Andor.

Yeah! That was excellent!

Watched the first three and these are three things I loved. Could easily list twenty but these spring immediately to mind.
Not really spoilers as such, just blurring out of consideration.

So refreshing not to have original trilogy characters, references and allusions constantly rammed down my throat. Fucking finally.

The actor playing the deputy Chief Inspector dweeb (Kyle Soller as Syril Karn) is absolutely superb.

The music was so great. Was very pleasantly surprised to see Nicholas Britell’s name pop up on the end credits.

Looking forward to the rest. Hope it keeps up the quality.

2 Likes

okay i have no idea what this show is about (like why Andor is significant or who this guy is) but this just happened and i nearly wept with joy

Thought the 1st two episodes were pretty dry but the 3rd is really good. The score at the end is beautiful.

2 Likes

yeah I agree. glad they released them all together as the pay off was worth the slow build up.

Cant imagine looking forward to episode 2 or 3 after watching the first 2. now Im looking forward to ep4

2 Likes

Only had a chance to watch the first one. Lotsa spaceship chat, eh?

Still, looks absolutely gorgeous, Diego Luna has such a great air around him in the role, new funny droid pal :+1:, and they actually used the BBY/ABY dating system on screen, which I don’t think I’ve ever seen before and I did a little joy yelp at and then had to explain to my partner why and I FELT VERY COOL

Star Wars :heart::heart::heart:

3 Likes

IfThen

1 Like

So good fucking hell

2 Likes

This is the best star wars Tv series by some considerable margin

1 Like

Yea, that is some great tv. To be honest, I’d be happy enough with those 3 episodes but I’m excited for more.

2 Likes

Why aren’t these films, fucks sake. This is a great first half / inciting incident for a two hour thriller

2 Likes

My eternal questions about most “epic” tv shows

3 Likes

I like them as TV episodes. Apparently there are going to be four 3 episode chunks and then another season of the same to finish it off. Find that quite an interesting format. Appeals to me.

Why do some of you want them to be films out of interest? So you can see them in the cinema? That would be cool admittedly.
Or is it more of a time / pacing issue?

1 Like

Genuinely loved it, loved him, loved the world building and loved the lack of forced fan service. Also I got Jedi Fallen Order vibes from the scrap yard scenes, great stuff.

My only negative is the flashbacks - Disney have already done the amazing feat of getting us to buy in to the prequel of a recent character - another show none of us really thought we wanted - I’m happy with his adult story and don’t really feel the need for a prequel to the prequel… although I guess I like the focus on less technologically advanced people that the TV shows have done a fair bit; it adds a dimension to the universe that wasn’t in the movies much (as I’m still struggling through early Clone Wars, I can’t comment on the animations) .

1 Like

i feel like the flashbacks are going to be relevant with all the chat about where hes actually from being a big secret, otherwise yeah, totally agree. this is mega. also clone wars animation improves massively as it goes on

2 Likes

oh wait misread that. still, clone wars story-wise improves massively as it goes on too :smiley:

1 Like

mon mothma in like a star wars lady penelope car :heart_eyes: should have made it pink instead of blue

3 Likes

This is really good Star Wars.
I never thought of say that again. :smiley:

4 Likes