Andor

When are we going to meet the Empire’s equivalent of Hugo Boss

4 Likes

maybe THAT’S uncle harlow?!

3 Likes

Who, me? Nope.

I just see a lot of discourse among watchers who claim Andor is the best SW ever because it steers away from the core history, but that isn’t why it’s great imho.

1 Like

Starting this tonight

7 Likes
2 Likes

That scene where they end up in a room together was a bit odd, eh? Kinda like they were gonna massively fuck or else kill each other. I think it was fairly insightful and amazing. But also a bit weird…?

So good, the music was really something really got a chance to shine in this ep, liked the bit when the marching band were tuning up and one of the cyber flautists played a bit of the SW main theme, especially given that it was obviously going to kick off.

5 Likes

Ep 1 - really enjoy the setting and design (that shot of the gloves on the wall ooh), very tactile , moody but not dour, quite confused by how people fit together but I’m sure that’ll come in time, the little robot is cute

3 Likes

Ep 2 - more of the same, liking the uber intense government (?) agent, can see that building up nicely

1 Like

The podcast ‘A more civilized Age’ is a very good and in depth listen for anyone who needs some proper granular analysis of this show. Like I do.

3 Likes

In the first episode he is asked about his uniform by his superior, and he admits to modifying it, and adding more piping.

I’ve kept out of this thread as much as I could to avoid spoilers until we’d caught up on it, but that was great.

I did get a little distracted spotting London modernist architecture in the background (Barbican, Brunswick Centre, Camden Sainsbury’s etc)

2 Likes

Going to need more info on where I can spot Camden Sainsbury’s in this show

The building behind Maarva’s speech is based on the housing that formed part of the project

3 Likes

So Camden Sainsbury’s is not in the show?

This post paid for by PROF$.

It’s what the development was commonly known as.

The address is Grand Union Walk, but the client and site was Sainsburys.

2 Likes

The new Canary Wharf Crossrail Station was in there a fair bit too (the nearby tube station was in Rogue One as well)

2 Likes

I think he’s seen the first episode marckee

Yeah, thanks, marckee! Haha

1 Like

That Podcast I recommended up thread is so good. The series finale 3+ hrs breakdown is so interesting (and hearing bits of the speeches again overlaid with historical context is proper tearjerking).

3 Likes