Andor

Binged Andor yesterday and I think this sums up my view too - the series as a whole is easily the most interesting any Star Wars has been and the climaxes hit harder than in most of the franchise for me.

6 Likes

Just finished. Hell yeah.

6 Likes

Go on then.

Favourite episode

0 voters

Edit. Stupid site. Nevermind.

Can someone arrange for three Force Ghosts to visit Tony Gilroy over Christmas and convince him to do five seasons

2 Likes

Theyā€™ve had Stagecraft setup at Pinewood (Disneyā€™s UK studio from 2020-2030) since March last year, although it was apparently barely used for Andor.

Wow that was amazing! Just perfect series storytelling, pulling all the various character arcs together around the core theme and then showing us a literal bomb that is going to go off when it all collides

Been covered above but Brasso smacking that empire goon with Maarvaā€™s brick after he knocked over B2EMO is contender for best Star Wars moment right?

4 Likes

Also

11 Likes

I think my favourite one was when that ceremony happened

1 Like

The bit that has really stayed with me was the little smile and wave from the torturer, Dr Gorst or whatever he was called, when Bix entered the room.

shudder

1 Like

Iā€™m glad that thereā€™s a big budget nerdy thing where ā€˜growing upā€™ isnā€™t self-satisfied boobs blood and swearing.

Donā€™t mess with B2EMO

3 Likes

Tony Gilroy addressing accusations that the show is slow and boring

10 Likes

Peopleā€™s attention spans have been destroyed, can you imagine if they tried releasing something like Lost in 2022

Think people would lose their minds if they waited all week for Tricia Tanaka Is Dead

5 Likes

I think itā€™s been confirmed Andor was 99% shot in real locations or proper soundstages, and it looks grand for it.

4 Likes

Gilroy is doing an excellently job of making me forget just how thoroughly Disney had shat the bed since acquiring Lucasfilm. And to be fair Lucas had curled out a few first to get them going.

Iā€™m wowed by Andor. I canā€™t even remember why I started watching it because I hadnā€™t been impressed by the Mandalorian and hadnā€™t even bothered with Obi Wan.

From the first episode it felt like a show that could exist entirely outside the franchise and go up against any prestige show. So impressive.

Canā€™t work out whether itā€™s this or Severance that will be my show of the year.

Looking forward to another incredible episode on Andor tomorrow, because obviously a show of this calibre is a 22 episode season.

11 Likes

Would love them to drop a big behind the scenes thing tomorrow but Iā€™m probably getting my hopes up for nothing

2 Likes

Thereā€™s surely gonna be a bunch of behind the scenes stuff at some point though - Disney seem to add loads of that kind of thing to help fill the service.

4 Likes

Do not even like star Wars but yes, this is very good. Love they are straight up like yes when we depict the empire we are really talking about Nazis and Americans. Gripping storytelling I am a convert might try to watch the films now.