Andor

Can’t remember the last time I was watching a TV show and found myself wishing each episode was longer. Really enjoying this.

3 Likes

Are there more episodes yet?

fourth was released yesterday. They are rationing us to one a week now, and it huuuuuuurts

1 Like

Ahh that sucks

I will watch it very soon

1 Like

The really went all out on the supporting cast in ep4. Denise Gough! Qyburn and the waif! Desi from Girls and Black Mirror paedo boy!

2 Likes

Hadn’t made this connection! I was just thinking Candice from Fresh Meat!

As much as I’m enjoying the show ‘as it’, I do love the connectivity to the SW universe:

Mon Mothma, I literally yelled ‘Coruscant!’ when it first popped up, mentions of Scarif and Mimban, finally seeing some Empire gals and guys etc. I’m an easy mark but I like stories interconnecting with the known universe while still being stand-alone.

The mention of Mimban, and Cassian’s tour of duty there, made me wonder if we might get a cameo return of Alden and Joonas or maybe Donald. Perhaps Cassian and Han were on Mimban at the same time? There is fan clamour for a Solo 2, perhaps they’ll quench that with a cameo or two?

1 Like

There was one particularly deep Easter egg that got me excited this week, when the Rakata from KOTOR were mentioned.

1 Like

I would love to see Alden back somehow in another SW movie or show. Thought he did a great job of portraying the character without trying too hard to do a Harrison Ford impression.

7 Likes

Agreed - he got a lot of unfair flak, it was a good performance and you could definitely see ‘Han’ within it.

1 Like

Still loving this show. The bravery to slow a Star Wars show down this much, just to let the characters develop is amazing. And watching Rimmer being berated by his mum is heart breaking.

I wonder what the viewing figures are like because is so far from pew! pew! you can’t even see the other shows from here.

7 Likes

Only just caught up on this but it’s absolutely the best Star Wars thing in ages, isn’t it. Coruscant looks absolutely stunning. Always nice to see Stellan Skarsgard in things. Yeah, I’m really loving this.

6 Likes

Makes me wonder… Are they setting him up for a long play rebellion leader? He is being pushed out by the beauracrcy…

1 Like

I think he’s going to get involved with the Imperial hunt for Andor and the people stealing stuff. Too early to say if he’ll turn at the point.

had to google this one, a very deep cut :grinning:

1 Like

yeah i can see him turning full rage monster on our boy cassa

Just started this

Impressed they managed to get a young paul mccartney to play the main role

6 Likes

Saw an advert for Andor on FB and had to run straight the comments. :smiley:
Yup, lots of “remember when Star Wars was fun?!?” bitching with my favorite being “Was this written by Darth Plagueis the Boring?”

They didn’t let me down.

5 Likes

Brasso and Timm looked too similar which really confused me at the end of episode 3. finished 4 last night as well though, definitely got loads better since the first 2 episodes, enjoying it a lot.

also looking forward to General Febreze and WD40 the droid turning up later in the season

3 Likes