Andrew Weatherall has died

:frowning:

oh shit. that’s really sad.

6 Likes

What the fuck?

holy shit, that’s awful

Fuck no. Devestated. Huge fan from way back. Was blasting Consolamentum yesterday. He meant a lot to me musically over the years, from Two Lone Swordsmen, Sabres, The Asphodells - All of it really. He always felt like someone who would be around for ever musically speaking at least. Properly Gutted.

2 Likes

Eurgh, I’m really gutted about this. My Dad bought me a copy of Haunted Dancehall when I was maybe 15, I was obsessed with it for ages. My first foray into electronic music, really.

Didn’t we see him at Bang Face in '09?

1 Like

Certainly one of them.

Dunno where to start with the musical tributes, really.

1 Like

Shit news. Saw him play all night in Brixton a few years back (Phonox I think), and he was in blinding form.

No Way! :cry:

I was there for that. Great night.

1 Like

Fuck - this is so sad and unexpected, such an incredible DJ.

Used to see him out and about near where I live sometimes, was always so envious of his style.

Fuck. An absolute giant. Saw him loads of times over the years - most recent was last year at All Points East. Took the kids along and we all had a dance :frowning_face:

1 Like

fuck man, horrible news.

I’m in a workshop and someones laptop just launched into this mad electronic feedback when he joined a webex. Just seemed really fitting and made me smile a little in remembrance of the maestro.

1 Like
5 Likes

Was just about to post this mix - was unaware of it until today but it’s fucking banging

1 Like

Same, it’s amazing innit :grinning:

1 Like

I’m still feeling a bit numb today tbh. I put together a playlist of his remixes last night, and he’s worked with pretty much everyone I love - Primal Scream, New Order, Saint Etienne, Bjork, Fujiya & Miyagi, Happy Mondays, Beth Orton, Chemical Brothers, One Dove, Death in Vegas, David Holmes, Gwenno, Orielles, Doves, Emiliana Torrini…

1 Like