Andy Gill has died

Gutted.

Oh no. RIP

Fuck.

:cry:.

Oh man :pensive: absolute legend

:cry:

Oh man, RIP.

Gang of Four at ATP were one of the absolute highlights of my entire gigging life.

1 Like

Ah, no. A massive influence on the stuff I was listening to in my teens and early twenties. RIP.

2 Likes

Oh fuck. That’s sad.

Always been hoping him and Jon King would reunite at some point. Always regretted missing them playing here in about 2011.

RIP

Very sad to hear about this. ‘Entertainment’ one of the legendary post-punk albums of the time and his guitar sound was so influential on so many that came after.

RIP AG

1 Like
4 Likes

Fuck

He made such a good sound :+1:

Surprised to learn he produced the first RHCP album. This bit on its wikipedia page has done me a bit

25 Likes
2 Likes

Ahhh fuck

the early RHCP demos are fucking great tbf

seriously, listen to the first 20 seconds of that then listen to 20 seconds of the version from the first album.

the demo tapes featured Slovak and Irons but the first album didn’t as they were working on another project, so it’s unfair to blame Andy Gill exclusively for the sound of the album

RIP

This is really sad. It seems I was the second to last person to interview him, he very nice and we spoke for like an hour.

3 Likes

Gutted by this news. Hugely influential player and seemed like a gbol. A big band for me and those first two records are stone cold classics (Solid Gold is still one of my favourite albums) but still really rate Songs of the Free and Hard.

Obviously no proof yet, but it seems like he could have died from coronavirus according to his widow :frowning:

1 Like