Andy Stott (rolling thread)

5 Likes

Big dick energy is right!

(Fashionably?) late to the party having only listened to it this week but this is as good as anything he’s done before, if not better.

However hard I try I cannot stop listening to it!

It is exceptional, isn’t it? So relieved after the last album - it didn’t click for me at all.

Apparently there’s an album coming soon…

New Album Incoming!

5 Likes

“Soon” turned out to be a bit longer than anticipated didn’t it? On the way to bed but look forward to rinsing this tomorrow.

1 Like

Great news. Love the album art.

2 Likes

This is now the rolling Andy Stott thread, AND the rolling Big Dick Energy thread

1 Like

I haven’t listened to anything past Faith In Strangers (which I really didn’t like) but will get caught up today.

I was listening to Passed Me By this week.

Any chance we could edit the title to make it a bit less Big Dick Energy?

3 Likes

@moderators - please change thread title to Andy Stott (rolling thread) - thanks

2 Likes

Woah hol’ the fuck up

4 Likes

“‘It Should Be Us’ is a double EP” my arse. 9 tracks at 46 minutes. Totes an album, Andy.

2 Likes

I loved half of Faith in Strangers, none of the next one And most of It Should Be Us. Still.dont think he’s topped Luxury Problems though.

4 Likes

I haven’t had the ‘wow this is magic’ feeling since Faith in Strangers. Too Many Voices, apart from New Romantic, was a real let down for me.

1 Like

You should see how long some Autechre ‘EPs’ are

The double of Passed Me By / We Stay Together is peak Stott. Awesome. The percussive collapse into the bassline at 0:52 on (the track) We Stay Together (Part One) is just sublime:

And Sleepless. Bangin’:

Oh yes.

1 Like

Faith in Strangers was a huge grower for me

also like the Millie & Andrea album

1 Like

So much this^

Starting to feel I might have given up on FIS a bit too early…

1 Like

I think it’s one where you have to properly take it on its own terms. tough and ugly at points, but in a way that’s compelling.

severe but lived-in. something something Brutalist architecture.

I don’t remember anything about it other than it boring me a bit.

I’ll go back.

1 Like

Exactly!

4 Likes