Angel Olsen 2020

She was sensational in Manchester earlier this week too. Haven’t been so transfixed by a gig in a long time.

Love the new album anyway, but bloody hell it sounded incredible live - her older stuff reinterpreted by this current band did as well.

Agree with @cutthelights on the strings too. They were there in the general soundbed throughout, but then every now and again there was a break and they’d soar out into the forefront. Man, what a massive privilege to see her live right now.

5 Likes

Good value this. What a voice.

1 Like

Is it as good as Bill Murray’s cover?

1 Like

Don’t know who he is.

2 Likes

Nope. Not as good as Dr Venkman.

Well, today I learned that this song wasn’t written by Electrelane.

older fella who used to wander round the place at ATP.

3 Likes
1 Like

New KEXP session being released tomorrow

She’s doing a ticketed livestream on Saturday, with proceeds split between a COVID-19 Relief Fund and her band/crew: https://angelolsen.veeps.com/stream/events/3928f8885b13

1 Like

half an hour til kick off!

1 Like

Going to watch it in the morning I think.

Watching this now, really enjoying it!

2 Likes

Did you buy your tickets yesterday Kallgeese? Can only see Advance & Day of Event options available on the link currently.

Yeah, I did. I could DM you my details if you want to watch it back?

1 Like

Thanks man, that’s really kind of you. Looks like the link is only active until 10pm this evening though, and not sure I’ll get chance now to watch before then. Appreciate that though and glad she was good :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Well let me know if you get free time before then and if not let’s hope it goes up online in the future!

1 Like
8 Likes

FUCKING YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS