Anglos first Sunday of October

Too dark to be awake yet, too rainy to go to work, please regale me of your cosy beds and not having to leave them.

1 Like

Still up at someone’s house. Going to pull a sickie tomorrow cba.

11 Likes

It’s not tomorrow yet!

2 Likes

Was properly fast asleep when the youngest knocked on the door at 7am. Bed is cosy. Might make pancakes?

hqdefault%20(2)

5 Likes

Im already at work (well, sat in the car waiting for somebody to let me in as I can’t get into my new shop yet). Boooo. First day in this shop, gonna be much quieter than I’m used to

Weekend workers club unite :fist:

Hope it’s a good one and goes quickly

Shrugs

Probably not, but weekend workers unite!

How many shoes are you wearing?

4 Likes

:cloud_with_rain::cloud_with_rain::cloud_with_rain::cloud_with_rain::cloud_with_rain: :cloud_with_rain::cloud_with_rain::cloud_with_rain::cloud_with_rain::cloud_with_rain: :cloud_with_rain::cloud_with_rain::cloud_with_rain::cloud_with_rain::cloud_with_rain::cloud_with_rain:

2 Likes

Morning Scout

I am lying in bed half awake

I can hear the 6yo in the kitchen drawing & singing to herself. The sun is up but behind thick grey clouds. There is no sound from the street outside but I hear the occasional faint, distant, interior noise of others in my building as they open a tap for their morning ablutions. A perfectly still Sunday morning.

My bed is 180x200cm of Swedish comfort & craftspersonship. A hand built, 1950s, solid oak, box frame with integrated headboard and sideboards, with this > https://www.kungsangen.com/sang-falsterbo

set into the frame.

The duvet and pillow covers are a pastel damson coloured cotton with a subtle striped pattern formed from the weave of the cloth. The matching sheet is a plain weave without the striped effect.

The bed is warm and clean aside from the fuktighet of fornication. My lover lies sleeping to my right, deep in the glow of their multiple ne plus ultras.

Gonna have a shower

9 Likes

Morning Scout. I went to a Japanese bath house yesterday (not in Japan). I’ve never done anything like that before really but it was dreamy. Nothing as cosy as a 38 degree bath. I’m currently in bed but need to get up to feed the cat.

Today I’m going to a football match in the cold so most definitely not cosy. It’s a high-stakes local derby so it’s going to go off, I think.

3 Likes

Starts off cosy, ends all Thursday.

Thank you for such evocative tales of your bed.

10/10

1 Like

I had a DiS related dream: we were discussing the 100 best albums of the 21st century and @anon19035908 wrote something like

“87 - Sigur Ros - (your mum)”

(Obviously he’s above such jokes :smiley:)

1 Like

The baths sound lovely. My memory of Japanese baths is middle aged women really quite furiously scrubbing their pubes then my mate convincing me to have a go on an automatic massage bed and it almost realigning my spine…in a bad way.

1 Like

:rofl: / :scream:

Further to this, it is a great way to start your morning being reminded of how un-watertight your home is in several places.

Didn’t have any time to enjoy the cosiness of my bed because it was invaded before I really woke up. Weekends are pretty pointless if I can’t even have a lie in :frowning:

Going to struggle today for sure.

Anglos!

Morning all!

Watching kids TV on Netflix. I’d quite like a lie in but I needed to eat some breakfast and I can’t have it both ways, can I?

Are bagels the best breakfast? Probably*. I refuse to get out of bed till I decide what I’m having in it though :thinking:

*Full english is the best but really who can be arsed enough to make those.

2 Likes

Girl at party said my face is “lovely but awkward”.

3 Likes

Netrunner’s back on. Nobody talk to me.