Annoyed by this article on astrology

Obviously it’s Vice so maybe the whole thing is ironic and even getting irked allows them to roll out the McBain GIF.

But mainly it’s the peculiar framing. I’m a live and let live guy but this seems to basically be chastising me for not believing. :grinning: It’s like the doorstepping Jehova’s Witnesses of the Astrology world.

Probably this is all the fault of Dawkins making anyone who just tends to like science seem like some kind of bigot :roll_eyes:

What’s the most recent article that has made you smile?

3 Likes

I’m a typical INTJ so I’ve not bothered reading the article

I don’t know what I am

4 Likes

Oh I read one today on how they were replacing the original kilogram Big K with a mass derived from the Planck Constant. That was cool :grinning:

(It was actually probably something I posted in the Great Things thread.)

6 Likes

That’s so Libra

2 Likes

I don’t understand about that really

5 Likes

Not really a fan of Mark Wahlberg tbh

1 Like

He’s a real piece of shit eh

4 Likes

anyone nicknamed marckee isn’t to be trusted

6 Likes

Libra astrology is true but all the rest is stupid made up bullshit.

3 Likes

Been told pretty much the same thing by some friends when we got into an ‘argument’ about astrology (was a fun time tbh).

I pretty comprehensively won by reading a Gemini forecast to my Libra friend and I asked her if it applied to her situation — she said of course and then I revealed my trick.

I then proceeded to moonwalk out of the bar, hi-fiving everyone as I went

16 Likes

Neo-libralism

3 Likes

Absolutely delighted about this catching on tbh

15 Likes

Thinking of starting a bespoke astrology site - for just £3 a month you can have a special song sent to you to enhance your decision making and moods ect… just set up 3 pads on GarageBand and play some random shite.

Think Disintergation State could sell a fair bit through this service

3 Likes

It seems hard to believe that this joe guy isn’t just a made up person the for article but men are weird so i can kind of see them being passionately against all sorts.

Fucking love astrology, tarot, all that stuff. Sorry all men and DB :woman_shrugging:

edit: hate Vice though

4 Likes

Pisces is the most left wing sign

4 Likes

I’m an Aries and apparently we like war mongering so could be us

I like tarot because Jodorowsky likes it

Otherwise, whenever I think of astrology, I think “you have a 1 in 12 chance of being the same star sign as Donald Ttump”

Why not have 365 traits for everyone born on a different day? Bit lazy to just make up a few.

2 Likes