Annoying things about your friends

Alan is soft. Somehow, the only soft Scotsman in the history of Scotsmen.

Locally they are pretty much all cyclists with wives and young kids - which means cycling dominates all their free time away from their families and spontaneous getting of pints is pretty much an impossibility

My best mates decision to move to Lincolnshire when what he should have done is move to Brighton so we could hang out more

Heā€™s still peddling his football boot lies!

1 Like

Well yeah theyā€™re shit too and keep talking about ā€˜needing a passā€™ to go out. Just a bit more free than the ladies.

1 Like

Good man, thanks. All well in the world of DiS? I see white dog pooā€™s still high on the agenda.

1 Like

Itā€™s never been off the agenda unfortunately. Youā€™ve missed nothing in your absence I can assure you.

1 Like

All got kids or dogs or gone vegan, so planning anything is a fucking nightmare. Just planning drinks is a logistical chore and I increasingly cba.

I obvs adore them and fully support their choices, while acknowledging the impact on me isnā€™t relevant or important.

1 Like

Our cat is a scaredy cat whoā€™s afraid of everyone. Heā€™s absolutely terrified of dogs and he gets so scared he hides away and literally shits himself.

Got one friend who wont come round to ours 'cos we asked that he doesnā€™t bring his dog.

My friends keep asking me why Iā€™m moving away and leaving all my friends behind. Because youā€™re never bloody free!!!

1 Like

One of my mates, and I love him dearly, revels in still being dependent on his parents. I mean heā€™s early 30s and married and stuff (living in a house that his parents bought outright for him) but heā€™s a lazy cunt who still does an entry-level job and lives in a nicer house and has an easier life than any of the rest of us. Needs a new car - his Dad buys him one. Washing machine packs in - his Dad sorts it all out for him. Gets a speeding fine - his Dad pays for it. And he absolutely loves it.

Drives me insane. Not really because his lifeā€™s easier than mine, but because he doesnā€™t value any semblance of being an independent adult. Heā€™s in for a hell of a shock when his parents are no longer around.

That is annoying. Who finds not being able to take a dog with you a dealbreaker? How does he go anywhere that isnā€™t the park?

2 Likes

We went on a stag do last year and had to be at the airport for 4am or something dreadful. We were all coming from different places so got cabs/drove etc. and he stayed at his parents and his Mum drove him to the airport!

He spends a lot of time in the park and the pub.

My wife is currently on the piss in Lisbon with 6 mates 'til Sunday. Me and the boy are off to Southend on sea. We only have one though tbf, so stuff like that is still pretty easy.

1 Like

One of them drinks pints really slowly, which is bit tedious when weā€™re doing rounds. Iā€™m pretty sure he slows down even further when someone inevitably mentions it.

1 Like

Quite a lot of them support Liverpool FC

1 Like

Last week my other half was out four nights out of a five night stretch!

I do my best to encourage her to as much of a social life as she can, because the norm is probably how you describe. Probably too much now sheā€™s got a better social life than me! :thinking:

Sounds like a sensible fellow

Oh well maybe my friends just donā€™t like me :woman_shrugging:

My friend got a scholarship to do a Masters at a prestigious London uni that she didnā€™t even want to do. Literally owned up to the fact she only did it because she didnā€™t want to get a job.

Same friend who is permanently on holiday because she works remotely and then messages me when Iā€™m in my office to complain about her unlimited holidays. (And didnā€™t vote in the referendum because sheā€™s half Polish so she gets to keep her EU rights anyway aghhh)